Re: Keeping Mommy Sane, Tuesday, 20 facts
posted at 5/28/2013 10:03 AM EDT
Good morning! Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend. Here are 20 facts about me and Keeping Mommy Sane. I love making lists, so this was a fun one to write!
1. I will celebrate my one-year “blog-iversary” at the end of August!
2 I was an intern in the White House during the Clinton administration … I know, I know ...
3. I really think I might be addicted to magazines. I subscribe to 13 of them!
4. I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday! Here's the recap of my experience.
5. I just signed up for my second half marathon this fall.
6. My worst habit? Nail biting.
7. I have been a vegetarian for about 23 years.
8. I am deathly afraid of bees. And spiders. And beetles. And, well, most insects.
9. I usually tell people my favorite movie is “Love, Actually” or "Before Sunrise." But in reality? It’s a toss-up between “Anchorman” and “Old School.” Apparently, I have a thing for Will Ferrell.
10. I have seen every single episode of “Beverly Hills, 90210” - the 90s version - more times than I can count.
11. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis just over 10 years ago (you can read about that here). I am still blown away by the amazing feedback I got from that post from others with the same disease. It showed me that blogging and social media can truly make a positive impact.
12. On the other hand, I love that my most popular post to date is "What to Wear in Disney World" :)
13. I would love to be cast with my husband on “The Amazing Race” and travel the world.
14. I started blogging as a creative outlet, and also as a way to record and chronicle these incredible years when my children are small. I never imagined I would make some wonderful new friends in the process ...
15. My husband and I fantasize about retiring and buying a brownstone in the Back Bay.
16. I secretly enjoy watching “Phinneas and Ferb” as much as my 6-year-old.
17. I don't know why, but I have always dreamed of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro.
18. I am a terrible swimmer. I think my son could swim circles around me - literally. And I still have to hold my nose when I jump into a pool.
19. I met my husband at a Halloween costume party at Kitty O’Sheas in Boston 13 years ago. I was dressed as a hippie.
20. I recently realized I've never taken my kids to the Boston Children's Museum! We're taking care of that this summer during our "staycation."
Have I mentioned I like lists? I have a few more "list" posts over on Keeping Mommy Sane. Come visit!