Keeping the Glass Half Full, Thursday, questions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Keeping the Glass Half Full, Thursday, questions

Samantha has introduced herself and shared 20 facts about herself and her blog as well as her favorite blog post.

Today, who has some burning questions today for Samantha, blogger at Keeping the Glass Half Full ?

Ask away!

Attention readers: To learn more about this series and nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Re: Keeping the Glass Half Full, Thursday, questions

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

The best and worst parenting advice you've been given?

What do you do when you have writer's block?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamanthaMcG. Show SamanthaMcG's posts

Re: Keeping the Glass Half Full, Thursday, questions

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

> I would probably return to France, where I lived for 4 years. I often wonder why I left, not that I don't love my life in the US. There's something about the lifestyle, not to mention the picturesque-ness, culture, history of France that has always appealed to me; it's like it's under my skin. I've studied the French language ever since I was about 12 and my head and heart love to speak French. Apparently, the French approach to parenting is different (better?) than here in the US (firmer, kids less spoiled, scheduled) so that would be interesting to explore and experience too.

The best and worst parenting advice you've been given?

> Best: ask for help. When I became a parent for the first time, I had no-one in my circles with newborns. It was quite overwhelming and lonely. But then I found a local Mom group and through that befriended some wonderful Mom friends that are been instrumental to my parenting experience, not to mention my sanity!

Also, don't be a short-order cook!

> Worst: How to cut a babies nails. All these people told me to do it while the baby was sleeping. Are you kidding me? Until my kids turned about 5, cutting their nails properly was a big parenting failure for me!

What do you do when you have writer's block?

> I don't write. I'd rather write when inspired than force something mediocre out. Besides, inspiration for topics to blog about is rarely a challenge for me. Finding the window to write them when I'm inspired and motivated is the tricky part. Also I write brilliantly in the shower. Haha!