Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Monday introduction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristiP. Show BDCKristiP's posts

Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Monday introduction

We are happy to announce that Leah Klein, from the blog Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, will be spending the week with us as our #FeaturedParentBlogger. Welcome, Leah!

Check out her blog and follow her on Twitter at @ohbabyboston. Leah, can you please introduce yourself and tell us about your blog?

Readers, feel free to stop by and say "hi" to Leah or ask her a question right here in our parenting forums.

Want to know more about this series? Check out each day's theme and nominate a blogger you enjoy (or yourself!). And feel free to check out our past Featured Parent Bloggers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

Re: Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Monday introduction

Hello,

I'm Leah from Leah's Life: Pearls and Oysters.  Featured Parent Blogger is a title I don't quite know what to make of.  I am much more comfortable in my usual title, which, as you may know, is the prestigious position of personal assistant to Isabelle and Henry.  I have a lengthy and totally incongruous CV that has led me from my degree in Philosophy (don't laugh!) with a minor in Latin American Politics to freelance writer.  When I first came to Boston via Montreal and New York, I worked in a small bioethics non-profit running conferences on regulations and ethics in human and animal research.  After realizing that I would rather work with children who act like children than adults who act like children, I got a teaching degree.  Now, I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home to raise my children. (No that is not a dig for those who are not able or choose not to stay home while raising their children. Just breathe. We are all equal and we are all different.  We all work hard. Some work more efficiently than others regardless of the job.  We all succeed and we all fail.)

Once I adjusted to parenthood (ha!) and while my daughter was in preschool and my son was still a baby,  I started writing while he napped.  I thought a blog was a personal diary of sorts.  Writing was a way for me to do something in an adult voice.  I could spend time putting my thoughts on paper. 

I am not a deep person… I guess that makes me shallow, so I choose to write primarily about things other than parenthood that make me happy.  I started writing about food and cooking.  My first blog Farm Fresh Soup was all about our CSA and cooking.  I thought I might start a soup company with a friend so I started the blog.  Instead of making soup, I decided that what I really liked, in addition to cooking for my family was writing.  So I started freelance writing as the Boston Family Foodie. 

Since then, my blog has evolved and I write about everything from cocktail parties to bitcoins.  I like to share little pearls of wisdom from recipes to tips and tricks for parenting.  I'm not an authority on anything but I've always got an opinion and a million and one ideas.  It works for me. 

I am not Martha Stewart, but I love to craft, host parties, and spend more time on the details than anyone should.  I am not Anthony Bourdain but I have traveled, lived, and most importantly cooked and eaten in many different countries and cities.  I am not Ellen DeGeneres but I can't get through a conversation without making someone laugh (not always intentionally) and I definitely have a few good dance moves in me.  I am not Ina Garten, but I love to be barefoot, I've got a little New Yorker in me and a few good recipes from my bubbies. 

I eat, sleep and breathe social media, so if you have a question for me, or you want to know what to cook for dinner, where to go out with friends, or what to order don't be afraid to track me down (on social media..because in person that might be weird.) You can find me at Leah's Life: Pearls and Oysters, on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not Like a Cat. Show Not Like a Cat's posts

Cool! Did not know all of this about you! I look forward to learning more the rest of this week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

Doubtful that you are shallow :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

Loved learning more about you - especially this "After realizing that I would rather work with children who act like children than adults who act like children, I got a teaching degree." I'm with you.

I always find great recipes on your site and your unparalleled genorosity of spirit is an inspiration. Congrats on being the featured blogger!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHamid. Show NHamid's posts

Can't wait to read more from you!  I love your recipes and restaurant tips, you always know the best places to go and best food to eat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViolaCay. Show ViolaCay's posts

Have a great week this week! Love your intro. I feel like I know you better already ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from umommy. Show umommy's posts

In response to OhBabyBoston's comment:

Hello,

I'm Leah from Leah's Life: Pearls and Oysters.  Featured Parent Blogger is a title I don't quite know what to make of.  I am much more comfortable in my usual title, which, as you may know, is the prestigious position of personal assistant to Isabelle and Henry.  I have a lengthy and totally incongruous CV that has led me from my degree in Philosophy (don't laugh!) with a minor in Latin American Politics to freelance writer.  When I first came to Boston via Montreal and New York, I worked in a small bioethics non-profit running conferences on regulations and ethics in human and animal research.  After realizing that I would rather work with children who act like children than adults who act like children, I got a teaching degree.  Now, I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home to raise my children. (No that is not a dig for those who are not able or choose not to stay home while raising their children. Just breathe. We are all equal and we are all different.  We all work hard. Some work more efficiently than others regardless of the job.  We all succeed and we all fail.)

Once I adjusted to parenthood (ha!) and while my daughter was in preschool and my son was still a baby,  I started writing while he napped.  I thought a blog was a personal diary of sorts.  Writing was a way for me to do something in an adult voice.  I could spend time putting my thoughts on paper. 

I am not a deep person… I guess that makes me shallow, so I choose to write primarily about things other than parenthood that make me happy.  I started writing about food and cooking.  My first blog Farm Fresh Soup was all about our CSA and cooking.  I thought I might start a soup company with a friend so I started the blog.  Instead of making soup, I decided that what I really liked, in addition to cooking for my family was writing.  So I started freelance writing as the Boston Family Foodie. 

Since then, my blog has evolved and I write about everything from cocktail parties to bitcoins.  I like to share little pearls of wisdom from recipes to tips and tricks for parenting.  I'm not an authority on anything but I've always got an opinion and a million and one ideas.  It works for me. 

I am not Martha Stewart, but I love to craft, host parties, and spend more time on the details than anyone should.  I am not Anthony Bourdain but I have traveled, lived, and most importantly cooked and eaten in many different countries and cities.  I am not Ellen DeGeneres but I can't get through a conversation without making someone laugh (not always intentionally) and I definitely have a few good dance moves in me.  I am not Ina Garten, but I love to be barefoot, I've got a little New Yorker in me and a few good recipes from my bubbies. 

I eat, sleep and breathe social media, so if you have a question for me, or you want to know what to cook for dinner, where to go out with friends, or what to order don't be afraid to track me down (on social media..because in person that might be weird.) You can find me at Leah's Life: Pearls and Oysters, on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram

Love this! I for one am glad you moved on from bioethics :)

Sections
Shortcuts