Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristiP. Show BDCKristiP's posts

Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Tuesday, 20 facts

Our #FeaturedParentBlogger this week is Leah from Leah's Life: Oysters & Pearls.

Yesterday, she introduced herself. Thanks to those who dropped by to say hi! Today, Leah, can you please list 20 facts about yourself?

Readers, Leah will be here all week. So feel free to drop by to say hi or ask her a question.

Want to know more about this series? Check out each day's theme and nominate a blogger you enjoy (or yourself!). And feel free to check out our past Featured Parent Bloggers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

Re: Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Tuesday, 20 facts

It's me again. So here goes....20 facts.

I gave the first two to my youngest, Henry and the second two to my daughter Isabelle.  I swear I didn't prompt on any of them.  The Martha Stewart comments are totally tongue in cheek although also totally true. 

1.    My mom is a good cook.
        2.    My mom has on iPhone 5.
        3.    My mom reads me bedtime stories.
        4.    My mom takes me to some of her tastings and events for her work.
        5.    I used to love playing tetris on my brother's Gameboy.  That is the entire extent of my video game abilities.  Okay maybe that and Pong.
        6.    Pink Mickey was the name of my childhood blanket/lovey and it's about as soft as scratchy pink fiberglass insulation.
        7.    I hate tarragon.
        8.    When traveling in Brussels, my husband and I were shocked at how small the Manneken Pis is... the statue... the whole statue!
        9.    I have eaten a hamburger in Prague off a streetcart and I do not recommend it.  It is definitely more ham than burger.
        10.    I learned to cross country ski in the alps when I was 7 and living in France for the year. We had no school on Wednesdays so I skiied every Wednesday.  I still enjoy it and like to go to the Weston Ski track to ski locally.
        11.    I have my old pointe shoes hanging in the laundry room. I danced until I was pregnant with my daughter and the belly made it too hard to cambré devant.
        12.    As a child I was in a modern dance troupe that performed in local schools.  As a teen, Allegra Kent and occasionally Damian Woetzel  (I think that's the right Damian) were my teachers. Even though I did modern, jazz and ballet, ballet was always my favourite.  I am working up the nerve (and stamina) to get back to ballet class this year.
        13.    I went to High School in Bedford, NY where Martha Stewart now lives.
        14.    My husband and I met in high school. I got married in Westport, CT where Martha Stewart once lived.
        15.    I was born in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario where you could often find yourself in traffic behind a Mennonite horse and buggy. The weekly Mennonite farmer's market is another reason why I appreciate and love really good local, seasonal food.
        16.    My father is a world renowned mathematician.
        17.    My mother is the reason I cook, eat and shop well for my kitchen.  She is also a better dining guide for NYC than Zagat, Eater, and Time Out New York combined.
        18.    When my brother and I get together we are likely to laugh uncontrollably until we cry and maybe snort laugh too. As kids, we fought like... well like my kids do now.
        19.    I am an Iron-Spouse.  Which means, I allowed my husband to spend an incredible amount of time training and doing an Ironman race, and I pretend to understand why anyone would do such a thing.  (For a clue refer to the latter part of #18.)
        20.    In my room at my parent's house I have a signed Moby poster that I got at Lollapalooza when he was on the little stage.

So there you have it! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViolaCay. Show ViolaCay's posts

I still have my lovey too. It's in the absement in a box, but it's there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

19.    I am an Iron-Spouse.  Which means, I allowed my husband to spend an incredible amount of time training and doing an Ironman race, and I pretend to understand why anyone would do such a thing.  (For a clue refer to the latter part of #18.)

LOVE this and all the facts :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

In response to ViolaCay's comment:

I still have my lovey too. It's in the absement in a box, but it's there.

Is it soft or rough?!  We missed the generation of super soft loveys...right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

In response to newtonmom2's comment:

LOVE this and all the facts :-)

It was a crazy several months.  I know he's planning another one soon too...he doesn't want to tell me too early so he endures fewer eyerolls cheer sessions from me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

It was a crazy several months.  I know he's planning another one soon too...he doesn't want to tell me too early so he endures fewer eyerolls cheer sessions from me.

[/QUOTE]

Eye rolls? That is so subtle! I'll have to try it! :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheHelloLadies. Show TheHelloLadies's posts

Thanks for sharing your adventures.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not Like a Cat. Show Not Like a Cat's posts

Fun! I knew some of this but not all. Like the Mennonite farmer's market. I grew up near one, too, and we still shop there every time I visit my dad (he goes weekly).

Sections
Shortcuts