Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Wednesday, favorite post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristiP. Show BDCKristiP's posts

Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Wednesday, favorite post

Our #FeaturedParentBlogger this week is Leah Klein, who blogs at Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters. Here she is!

She has been kind enough to introduce herself and share 20 facts about herself. Today, Leah, we'd like you to share your favorite post of all time and why.

Readers, Leah will be here all week. So feel free to drop by to say hi or ask her a question!

Want to know more about this series? Check out each day's theme and nominate a blogger you enjoy (or yourself!). And feel free to check out our past Featured Parent Bloggers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

Re: Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters, Wednesday, favorite post

As you might have noticed, I write about food and recipes, but I also post thoughtful (still shallow - see my intro) but thoughtful pieces when something in the news or in media provokes me.  Finding a favorite post was going to be really difficult.  Choosing a recipe post felt like showing you a pair of shoes when asked to showcase a favorite outfit. 
    One of my most popular recipes is a simple vinaigrette and my smoothies tend to make the rounds on Pinterest.  I don't just blog about recipes though. I guess in the world of food blogs I consider myself more of a lifestyle blog.  In the world of parenting blogs, I consider myself more of a food blog.  In the world of travel blogs, I consider myself more of a Boston blogger. It is all relative isn't it? 

As I was browsing my (I now realize terribly disorganized) blog, I found this postBygone Baguette Days:  Mon Dieu a French Shift in Habits.  It encompasses a bit of everything I try to include in my blog.  Food, philosophy, cultural shifts and attitudes, and most importantly a reminder that we need to embrace life more in simple habitual ways.  It is my endless effort to encourage people to slow down and stop to taste the crumbs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

In response to OhBabyBoston's comment:

As I was browsing my (I now realize terribly disorganized) blog, I found this postBygone Baguette Days:  Mon Dieu a French Shift in Habits.  It encompasses a bit of everything I try to include in my blog.  Food, philosophy, cultural shifts and attitudes, and most importantly a reminder that we need to embrace life more in simple habitual ways.  It is my endless effort to encourage people to slow down and stop to taste the crumbs.

Lovely post! I was thinking about food attitudes today because I was talking to a school nurse about wellcoin.com (not at all like bitcoin :-) about how to get the word out about it, (and, yes, food is love) but maybe, just maybe rewarding myself with a brownie isn't the best healthy strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennehypr. Show dennehypr's posts

I'm a big fan of your blog, and wondered where do you find inspiration? Food is a broad, broad topic and you seem to find the most unusual nuggets of wisdom. Keep up the great work, Leah!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawbeach. Show dawbeach's posts

Congratulations, Leah on this week's star turn.  I have been lucky enough to sample some of your amazing dishes, and am always awed by your depth of flavor profile. I believe myself to be a good cook, and of course an even better foodie, but can't always pinpoint how to give my dishes such a dynamic yet often subtle depth.  This mostly aplies to side dishes and veggies. It can be true that simple is always better a la roasting or the grill with a little EVOO, but could you share three of your favorite side dishes for vegetables that aren't the standard to perk up my winter spring menu?  Thanks!

Our #FeaturedParentBlogger this week is Leah Klein, who blogs at Leah's Life: Pearls & Oysters. Here she is!

She has been kind enough to introduce herself and share 20 facts about herself. Today, Leah, we'd like you to share your favorite post of all time and why.

Readers, Leah will be here all week. So feel free to drop by to say hi or ask her a question!

Want to know more about this series? Check out each day's theme and nominate a blogger you enjoy (or yourself!). And feel free to check out our past Featured Parent Bloggers.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

Thanks J!

I'm going to bring this over to the Thursday post where I am answering questions.  I'll answer it here to for you though!

I'm a big fan of your blog, and wondered where do you find inspiration?

People and places.

What I mean by this is that 1/2 the joy of cooking and eating is sharing it with those you love.  As for places, I have memories of food from my childhood, I have a favourite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that has to be cooked to almost burnt that my Bubbie always made, I have memories of fresh daily baguettes from the years we lived in France.  The sense of place and time intertwined with the seasons inspire me to cook certain dishes and certain ways.  I also like to explore new cuisines.  I love going to Arax in Watertown and choosing a random ingredient I've never worked with, then going home to browse the blogs for recipes to try.

My inspiration almost always comes from the season and the ingredient.  If I could I would shop for my groceries each day.  I crave blood oranges in the winter.  I count down the days to be able to pick delicate sweet raspberries in Winchester in the early Fall.  I also get tons of inspiration from my CSA.  Lindentree CSA in Lincoln is a beautiful place and going there weekly with the kids to pick up our food, really inspires all of us to savour the food we bring home (especially the foods we worked so hard to harvest) and to try new things.

In response to dennehypr's comment:

I'm a big fan of your blog, and wondered where do you find inspiration? Food is a broad, broad topic and you seem to find the most unusual nuggets of wisdom. Keep up the great work, Leah!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhBabyBoston. Show OhBabyBoston's posts

A winter favourite of mine is a simple sautéed sliced Brussels Sprout and shallots

I love a nice local micro-green salad with a vinagrette it perks up just about any dish any time of day. 

This is more than a side, but sometimes a cup of soup is a nice side instead of a salad.  Pistou is the perfect spring soup. 

In response to dawbeach's comment:

Congratulations, Leah on this week's star turn.  I have been lucky enough to sample some of your amazing dishes, and am always awed by your depth of flavor profile. I believe myself to be a good cook, and of course an even better foodie, but can't always pinpoint how to give my dishes such a dynamic yet often subtle depth.  This mostly aplies to side dishes and veggies. It can be true that simple is always better a la roasting or the grill with a little EVOO, but could you share three of your favorite side dishes for vegetables that aren't the standard to perk up my winter spring menu?  Thanks!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MetrowestMama. Show MetrowestMama's posts

You have lived in very interesting places over the years. How does that influence what you write about or your viewpoints?

• Sections
    Shortcuts