Metrowest Mamas, Thursday, questions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristiP. Show BDCKristiP's posts

Metrowest Mamas, Thursday, questions

Our #FeaturedParentBlogger this week is Charlene DeLoach from Metrowest Mamas!

On Monday, she introduced herself. On Tuesday, she revealed 20 facts about herself. On Wednesday, she shared her favorite post of all time.

Today she is taking questions from YOU! So don't be shy! Please stop by to ask her one!

Want to know more about this series? Check out each day's theme and nominate a blogger you enjoy (or yourself!). And feel free to check out our past Featured Parent Bloggers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

Re: Metrowest Mamas, Thursday, questions

Charlene,

What is the best life advice you have ever recieved or for that matter given? Life, Parenting, Work - any and all areas.

Now best business advice?

Blogging subcategory questions for new bloggers - what do you wish you knew when you started? How has blogging changed since you started?

What does your ideal day look like?

Do you ever get one?

I have LOTS of questions - curious minds want to know!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MetrowestMama. Show MetrowestMama's posts

Some folks are asking me questions on Facebook and Twitter so I am posting here to answer their questions. Leah asked me, via Facebook, "In the world of Luxe, what are the five must haves?"

Great question! I'll answer it generally first. You should have (1) a pair of shoes (2) a handbag (3) a piece of jewelry (4) perfume (5). I think of these five must have luxury items as the frame to a picture. It doesn't matter what the picture is, but the right frame can set the tone of the photo, or the room in which it is in, etc. 

That said, I love Chanel flats. There is an air of casualness and sophistication. You can wear a pair of Chanel flats with jeans or with a pair of dress pants and it works equally well. They might be expensive but you get every penny out of them because of their versatility.

Handbags are tough to pick just one because it is really personal (big, small, leathers, etc) but you can't go wrong with a Hermes Kelly bag. It can be casual or sophisicated. There are not too many bags that can suit a day at work, a weekend with the kids, and a night out.

Sticking with Hermes, the Farandole necklace is brillant if you wear silver toned jewelry. It can be worn long, doubled or tripled giving you three looks in one. Again, it is expensive, but it looks great with a t-shirt or a suit, and the 3 & 1 combo makes it a piece you'll wear over and over.

I mentioned perfume because a great fragrance can set the tone. You might have run out of the house without a shower and are in yoga pants, but if you spritz before you go, it gives the other person a sense that you are pulled together. 

Lastly, I always recommend a DVF wrap dress. It can be worn with flats for a Mom, heels and a blazer for a working woman, or stilettos for a night out. Like the other items I mentioned, you get a lot of versatility out of one piece. 

I hope that helps Leah and would love to answer more questions! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MetrowestMama. Show MetrowestMama's posts

In response to newtonmom2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Charlene,

What is the best life advice you have ever recieved or for that matter given? Life, Parenting, Work - any and all areas.

Blogging subcategory questions for new bloggers - what do you wish you knew when you started? How has blogging changed since you started?

Do you ever get one?

[/QUOTE]

Hi @NewtonMom2! Thanks for posting! LOL. I love questions!

1. Best personal advice: "That you can always be replaced." In other words, work/balance is key. That job you worked 80 hours a week at? If you died, you would be replaced in a matter of weeks, and people may remember you, in passing. But family and friends? You can never be replaced and they will remember you every day.

2. Best professional advice: Never take things personally. 

3. These days, it is so much harder to just blog. With Vine, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook Profiles and Pages, Instagram, Google+, etc.: you have to juggle so much!! Sometimes, I miss the simplicity of a blog, and the pureness of it. As for what I wished I knew when I started. Ugh! So much! But in picking one thing? I wished I had started blogging about Luxury earlier. It was my passion, but I thought I needed to blog like everyone else. 

4. Right now my ideal day looks like: sitting in front of the TV, with snacks. No kids or the hubby for 24 hours. And watching shows on HGTV and E!. Alternatively, a day in a spa. (Now you have me dreaming!) Rarely get these, but my kids are young so the 'one day...' aspect keeps me going, as well as mini trips to the spa in the interim. Then again, if I had a spa-rtner in crime to go with me...Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MetrowestMama. Show MetrowestMama's posts

Another offline question to answer here. Sorry for everyone who is having trouble logging on and posting!

Annemarie asks: How to you handle negative reaction to your blog posts or tweets. Also, are there any topics off limits that you would not write about?

Annemarie - great questions!! I think it is easy to leave a negative comment anywhere these days because you don't have to look someone in the face. And sometimes, it is a place where we can vent and have the feeling of being anonymous. But we are all real people and bloggers can be bullied just like kids. It hurts. I won't lie about that. But how I handle it? Maybe with a glass of wine to chill, or talking it out with a friend to understand why someone felt the need to do that. And, in worse case scenarios, with legal action. But then again, that is the lawyer in me. :)

I will not write much about my husband. Maybe in passing, but never about our marriage or our relationship. 

Thanks for supporting me Annemarie!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

In response to MetrowestMama's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to newtonmom2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Charlene,

Do you ever get one?

[/QUOTE]

Hi @NewtonMom2! Thanks for posting! LOL. I love questions!

1. Best personal advice: "That you can always be replaced." In other words, work/balance is key. That job you worked 80 hours a week at? If you died, you would be replaced in a matter of weeks, and people may remember you, in passing. But family and friends? You can never be replaced and they will remember you every day.

2. Best professional advice: Never take things personally. 

3. These days, it is so much harder to just blog. With Vine, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook Profiles and Pages, Instagram, Google+, etc.: you have to juggle so much!! Sometimes, I miss the simplicity of a blog, and the pureness of it. As for what I wished I knew when I started. Ugh! So much! But in picking one thing? I wished I had started blogging about Luxury earlier. It was my passion, but I thought I needed to blog like everyone else. 

4. Right now my ideal day looks like: sitting in front of the TV, with snacks. No kids or the hubby for 24 hours. And watching shows on HGTV and E!. Alternatively, a day in a spa. (Now you have me dreaming!) Rarely get these, but my kids are young so the 'one day...' aspect keeps me going, as well as mini trips to the spa in the interim. Then again, if I had a spa-rtner in crime to go with me...Cool

[/QUOTE]

Great advice - I might have to paste the 'never take things personally' on my office wall! As far as partner in spa crime - I think that is a great idea - I'm on board!

Sections
Shortcuts