Mom's Lifesavers, Monday introduction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Please welcome Christine Cohen, who blogs at Mom's Lifesavers. She is our Featured Parent Blogger this week, which means we'll be learning more about her and her blog each day.

Check out each day's theme and how to nominate a local blogger (or yourself!) for this series, by going here.

We are so happy to have you, Christine! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your blog.

Readers, feel free to stop by to say "hi" to Christine or ask her a question. We'll be chatting with her all week long in these forums so we hope you'll stay with us. 

(Also, learn more about our past Featured Parent Bloggers here!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

It's truly such an honor to be included as a featured Boston Mom Blogger on Boston.com.  Thank you so much, Kristi and Boston.com for this amazing opportunity.

My name is Christine Cohen, and I'm the mom of two fabulous 'tween' girls ages 11 and 12.  I'm the wife of a fabulous husband, Scott and live on the seacoast of Massachusetts.   Blogging at Mom's Lifesavers has been really one of the most therapeutic things I've ever done for myself as a mom.  After several years of teaching in Early Intervention and as a public school teacher,  I decided to become a stay-at-home mom in 2000 when our first daughter was born. Seventeen months later, we welcomed our second daughter, so it was a family choice that I continue the SAHM journey.  

That decision was the best thing I ever did, but I missed the human interactions and contact that a wonderful job naturally affords you.  In 2006, after a few unsettling health issues, I thought it would be helpful to write my own parenting tip book for new moms.  I co-wrote the book entitled, Mom's Lifesavers: Tips to Make Life Easier for New Mothers.  The self-published book sold out and was a real hit among new moms offering sage advice for navigating motherhood.  The easy to read tip book had over 100 contributions from moms at every stage of parenting.  The book opened many doors for me, most specifically the blogging community.   

My journey of blogging has been a natural one.  I've had my blog, Mom's Lifesavers since 2007 after publishing my book.  It has seen it's seasons, much like motherhood.  Some seasons are bright, happy with chipper posts, and some are definitely dark, scary and my posts were seldom during those brief times. But I've never waivered from my passion for sharing my life online.  It's been one of the best things I've ever done! 

Early on in my blogging life, I found an online network called Maya's Mom (now closed, now Baby Center).  There, I found a network of mothers from every walk of life, belief system and parenting philosophy.  Maya's Mom offered me rich content and real connections to write about.  Each of these woman supported me and my perspective on parenting. 

Our blog is like that.  A place to come and learn something new that has a direct focus on family, community and life as a parent. We offer up small business reviews, craft projects and Mommy Musings about anything to do with parenting.  We really offer up a healthy dose of just about everything!    Moms love to give advice, and to receive advice from a parent or caregiver that's been in the trenches. 

Our blog appeals to our readers because of this.  We only share tried and true ideas, tips and advice.  We stay local, and believe a sound and healthy community benefits a larger community as a whole.    This past year a new co-writer joined me at Mom's Lifesavers.  Bonnie Bowes has been an invaluable addition to my blog. With her, I have seen our blog grow with her fantastic writing and her natural ability to connect is inspiring.   

My life is very full with life outside of the blog. I'm passionate about social media and volunteering. Much of my time these days are in the car! My oldest daughter is a vocalist/musician having just recorded her first iTunes original song and my youngest is a talented hunter/jumper equestrian.   There's not too much grass growing under my feet these days, and it's just the way I want it. 

I look forward to sharing more with you tomorrow, when I tell you 20 new things about me.  It will involve Innkeeping, Oprah and chocolate!

www.momslifesavers.blogspot.com

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

YouTube

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Re: Mom's Lifesavers, Monday introduction

I also have a group of women I have known for 7 years from Baby Center. It is a wonderful group and support system. We are from all over the world and have stayed together all these years and even met in person after lots of planning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiBonnie. Show HiBonnie's posts

Hi Christine! Congrats on being the featured Parent Blogger this week. I am really looking forward to hearing the 20 things about you - you have peaked my curiosity with "oprah and chocolate".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

I also have a group of women I have known for 7 years from Baby Center. It is a wonderful group and support system. We are from all over the world and have stayed together all these years and even met in person after lots of planning.

I think it's an amazing way to meet other moms! It was lifesaver! I have met a few of them, and it's like we've known each other FOREVER! :)

Sections
Shortcuts