Re: Mom's Lifesavers, Tuesday, 20 facts
posted at 8/6/2013 10:43 AM EDT
Good Morning! Here we go!
20 Facts About Me!
1. I'm a twin. I have the best 'older' brother (by 4 minutes) in the world!
2. First generation proud American. My parents immigrated from Berlin, Germany.
3. My family is everything to me. My two children, husband of 15 years and extended family members keep me grounded, supported and loved every day.
4. Travel is my passion! I've been to Asia, Europe and all over the United States and Canada. To see the world has opened my eyes and has taught me about compassion and how fortunate I am.
5. I have been beading and making jewelry since I was 6 years old. Besides Blogging, it's the most therapeutic hobby I have. I have a closet filled with beads and jewelry making supplies. It's my hidden treasure.
6. My husband is a SERIOUS car fanatic. And I benefit with fun cars to drive!
7. I have a lot of pets! We have a pony, 2 dogs, 4 parrots (they talk up a storm!), 2 guinea pigs and a salt water reef tank.
8. I host nearly EVERY holiday in my home. It's really one of the highlights of my life.
9. I grew up in Rockport, Mass. My parents owned a beautiful Inn and Cottages along the ocean. I was called the Innkeepers Daughter by thousands of people and met the most amazing people. My work ethic was fostered there because I worked and helped from a very young age.
10. Helping others is very important to me. I try to volunteer a ton for cause that mean a lot to me. I have had some of the most wonderful experiences of my life while giving to others. I recommend it to anyone.
11. I LOVE documentaries and reality TV.
12. Hiking is a favorite pastime. I don't get to do it too much right now, but plan to again soon. I've climbed many mountains (several 14 footers!) and have hiked down to the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.
13. Before I became a teacher, I contemplated becoming a detective or an archeologist.
14. I'm a beach lover! I love to hunt seaglass, go tidal pooling and hanging on the ocean's edge. It's my favorite place to be and my age spots on my face are living proof.
15. I was asked to be on the Oprah show in my late 20's to be a panelist about one of the books Oprah suggested on one of her shows. I declined.
16. Music rocks my world. Every genre, every kind and every sound makes my heart sing. It's really one of the best things in my life. My daughter is talented in this area and I couldn't be happier that I get to have mini concerts in my home everyday!
17. My youngest daughter rides her pony every day...I, on the other hand, have been on ONE horse for 5 seconds in all my life! They scare me, but I spend much of my time at a barn watching my daughter ride.
18. One summer I moved to Alaska to work in a fishery. I lasted 5 days.
19. Chocolate is a main FOOD group in my humble opinion!
20. I hit the lottery with friendships. I have friends from every phase and season of my life. Thanks to Facebook, I'm able to keep them near and dear and keep them in the loop of my life. I also have dear friends that I have NEVER met in real life. We met on Maya's Mom several years ago and communicate nearly every day!