Mom's Lifesavers, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Mom's Lifesavers, Tuesday, 20 facts

Our Featured Parent Blogger this week is Christine Cohen from Mom's Lifesavers. Yesterday she introduced herself and told us about her blog.

Today we want to know 20 facts about you, Christine!

Check out each day's theme and how to nominate a local blogger (or yourself!) for this series, by going here.

Readers, feel free to stop by to say "hi" to Christine or ask her a question. We'll be chatting with her all week long in these forums so we hope you'll stay with us. 

(Also, learn more about our past Featured Parent Bloggers here!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

Re: Mom's Lifesavers, Tuesday, 20 facts

Good Morning! Here we go!

20 Facts About Me!

1. I'm a twin.  I have the best 'older' brother (by 4 minutes) in the world!

2. First generation proud American.  My parents immigrated from Berlin, Germany.

3. My family is everything to me.  My two children, husband of 15 years and extended family members keep me grounded, supported and loved every day.

4. Travel is my passion! I've been to Asia, Europe and all over the United States and Canada. To see the world has opened my eyes and has taught me about compassion and how fortunate I am.  

5. I have been beading and making jewelry since I was 6 years old.  Besides Blogging, it's the most therapeutic hobby I have.  I have a closet filled with beads and jewelry making supplies.  It's my hidden treasure.

6. My husband is a SERIOUS car fanatic.  And I benefit with fun cars to drive!

7. I have a lot of pets! We have a pony, 2 dogs, 4 parrots (they talk up a storm!), 2 guinea pigs and a salt water reef tank. 

8. I host nearly EVERY holiday in my home.   It's really one of the highlights of my life.

9. I grew up in Rockport, Mass.  My parents owned a beautiful Inn and Cottages along the ocean.  I was called the Innkeepers Daughter by thousands of people and met the most amazing people.  My work ethic was fostered there because I worked and helped from a very young age.  

10. Helping others is very important to me.  I try to volunteer a ton for cause that mean a lot to me.  I have had some of the most wonderful experiences of my life while giving to others.  I recommend it to anyone.

11. I LOVE documentaries and reality TV.

12. Hiking is a favorite pastime. I don't get to do it too much right now, but plan to again soon.  I've climbed many mountains (several 14 footers!) and have hiked down to the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.

13. Before I became a teacher, I contemplated becoming a detective or an archeologist. 

14. I'm a beach lover! I love to hunt seaglass, go tidal pooling and hanging on the ocean's edge.  It's my favorite place to be and my age spots on my face are living proof.  

15. I was asked to be on the Oprah show in my late 20's to be a panelist about one of the books Oprah suggested on one of her shows.  I declined. 

16. Music rocks my world.  Every genre, every kind and every sound makes my heart sing.   It's really one of the best things in my life. My daughter is talented in this area and I couldn't be happier that I get to have mini concerts in my home everyday!

17. My youngest daughter rides her pony every day...I, on the other hand, have been on ONE horse for 5 seconds in all my life!  They scare me, but I spend much of my time at a barn watching my daughter ride.

18. One summer I moved to Alaska to work in a fishery. I lasted 5 days.

19. Chocolate is a main FOOD group in my humble opinion!

20. I hit the lottery with friendships. I have friends from every phase and season of my life.   Thanks to Facebook, I'm able to keep them near and dear and keep them in the loop of my life. I also have dear friends that I have NEVER met in real life.  We met on Maya's Mom several years ago and communicate nearly every day!  

www.momslifesavers.blogspot.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

OK, I have to know why you said no to Oprah! :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

OK, I have to know why you said no to Oprah! :)

It didn't feel right. And I didn't want to share a personal story in front of a millions of people.  I simply wrote the network thanking them for providing wonderful literature to the masses...at that time Oprah's book club was HUGE! They responded to my letter...and for that I'm very grateful.  I do have a little book idea in regards to this.  I'm writing it now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiBonnie. Show HiBonnie's posts

Great 20 things! I had no idea you hadn't been on a horse for more than a few seconds!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momslifesavers. Show momslifesavers's posts

In response to HiBonnie's comment:

Great 20 things! I had no idea you hadn't been on a horse for more than a few seconds!

HAHA! It is surprising isn't it!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

#6 - Your husband rocks.  So... tell us more abou those fun cars that you get to drive?  :)

http:\\tubalub.com

Sections
Shortcuts