Re: Red Shutters, Tuesday, 20 facts
posted at 5/14/2013 8:32 AM EDT
For today’s Featured Parent Bloggers post, I’ve been asked to share 20 facts about my blog, Red Shutters, and me. So, without further ado…
1. I have lived in Massachusetts for nearly 23 years—longer than I have lived anywhere else, which, I guess, makes me from “here” now.
2. For the life of me, I cannot do a Massachusetts accent.
3. My blog is named after a house we used to live in that had…(drumroll, please)…red shutters. You can learn more about the name here.
4. My favorite place in Massachusetts is Tanglewood. It’s magical.
5. I make a mean gazpacho and my (turkey) meatloaf rocks.
6. The top places on my “to travel to” list are Mauritius, Antarctica, and Australia.
7. My favorite places that I have visited so far include Scotland, Malaysia, the Okavango Delta, and Rome.
8. I celebrated my 30th birthday by going skydiving with my brother. It was amazing, and not scary at all.
9. I celebrated my 40th birthday with family—it was perfect.
10. I once slept overnight on the Great Wall of China.
11. I learned to drive stick shift on a double decker bus at Walt Disney World.
12. The scariest moment of my life was when my Mom and I went whitewater rafting on the Zambezi River in Zambia. I almost drown twice. My mom, on the other hand, had a fabulous time. Oh, and our guide was named Potato. You can read about it here.
13. My favorite Sesame Street character when I was a kid was Snuffleupagus. Now, I’m more an Oscar the Grouch kind of a person.
14. I cannot seem to learn how to turn on the DVD player without guidance.
15. I tried stand-up comedy once. People paid money to hear my routine (at a real comedy club!), but it was one of the toughest things I ever did…and I was not funny enough to be a professional comedienne.
16. My heroes are my parents. They are incredibly brave people who have taught me a tremendous amount about strength, love, and kindness.
17. My favorite novel is “Love in the Time of Cholera,” but I’m also an enormous fan of “Harold and the Purple Crayon” and The Magic Treehouse books.
18. My most read posts ever on Red Shutters are this one, this one, and this one.
19. The highlight of our summer vacation will likely be a trip to Storyland.
20. This week, Red Shutters will celebrate its 500th post!
Want to learn more about Red Shutters and me? Visit us over at redshuttersblog.com!
Thanks for reading!