Red Shutters, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Red Shutters, Tuesday, 20 facts

Thanks for introducing yourself yesterday, Kimberly, and telling us more about your blog Red Shutters.

Today, please share 20 facts about yourself and your blog.

Attention readers: Feel free to post comments and questions for Kimberly in this thread. Or just stop by to say "hi." And please come back throughout the week to learn more about Kimberly and her blog. We'll be chatting with her every day in this forum.

Go here to learn more about this series and to nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedShutters. Show RedShutters's posts

Re: Red Shutters, Tuesday, 20 facts

Hello, everyone!

For today’s Featured Parent Bloggers post, I’ve been asked to share 20 facts about my blog, Red Shutters, and me. So, without further ado…

1.    I have lived in Massachusetts for nearly 23 years—longer than I have lived anywhere else, which, I guess, makes me from “here” now.

2.     For the life of me, I cannot do a Massachusetts accent.

3.    My blog is named after a house we used to live in that had…(drumroll, please)…red shutters. You can learn more about the name here.

4.     My favorite place in Massachusetts is Tanglewood. It’s magical.

5.    I make a mean gazpacho and my (turkey) meatloaf rocks.

6.    The top places on my “to travel to” list are Mauritius, Antarctica, and Australia.

7.    My favorite places that I have visited so far include Scotland, Malaysia, the Okavango Delta, and Rome.

8.    I celebrated my 30th birthday by going skydiving with my brother. It was amazing, and not scary at all.

9.    I celebrated my 40th birthday with family—it was perfect.

10.  I once slept overnight on the Great Wall of China. 

11.  I learned to drive stick shift on a double decker bus at Walt Disney World.

12.  The scariest moment of my life was when my Mom and I went whitewater rafting on the Zambezi River in Zambia. I almost drown twice. My mom, on the other hand, had a fabulous time. Oh, and our guide was named Potato. You can read about it here.

13.  My favorite Sesame Street character when I was a kid was Snuffleupagus.  Now, I’m more an Oscar the Grouch kind of a person.

14.  I cannot seem to learn how to turn on the DVD player without guidance.

15.  I tried stand-up comedy once. People paid money to hear my routine (at a real comedy club!), but it was one of the toughest things I ever did…and I was not funny enough to be a professional comedienne.

16.  My heroes are my parents. They are incredibly brave people who have taught me a tremendous amount about strength, love, and kindness.

17.  My favorite novel is “Love in the Time of Cholera,” but I’m also an enormous fan of “Harold and the Purple Crayon” and The Magic Treehouse books.

18.  My most read posts ever on Red Shutters are this one, this one, and this one.

19.  The highlight of our summer vacation will likely be a trip to Storyland.

20.  This week, Red Shutters will celebrate its 500th post!

Want to learn more about Red Shutters and me? Visit us over at redshuttersblog.com!

Thanks for reading!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilMisBusy. Show LilMisBusy's posts

Wow, 500 posts! I only just crossed 250!

I love your list - you've done so many interesting things. I wonder what your next big adventure will be. It has to be bigger than Story Land, much as I love Story Land!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedShutters. Show RedShutters's posts

In response to LilMisBusy's comment:

Wow, 500 posts! I only just crossed 250!

I love your list - you've done so many interesting things. I wonder what your next big adventure will be. It has to be bigger than Story Land, much as I love Story Land!

Thanks, Cheryl! My favorite adventure (at least today) was skydiving - so fun! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

10 & 11: Please explain!

15: Was this in Boston? And how did you come up with your material?

16: Aww!

20: Congrats on the 500th post!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedShutters. Show RedShutters's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

10 & 11: Please explain!

15: Was this in Boston? And how did you come up with your material?

16: Aww!

20: Congrats on the 500th post!

Sure! 

10 - I traveled with friends through Asia during the summe of 1996, and while in China, we took a tour of Inner Mongolia that included a visit to the Great Wall -- including the chance to sleep overnight on the wall in a sleeping bag. Uncomfortable, for sure, but a fun night and a cool story. 

11. During college at BU (go Terriers!), I spent a summer at Walt Disney World in their college program, driving a double-decker bus around Epcot Center and giving a tour of the World Showcase (the countries around the lagoon). Only I didn't know how to drive stick shift and therefore had to learn on on the buses. A "crash course" indeed (pun intended and no, I didn't crash).

Come to think of it, I should probably write a blog post about both of these!

Thanks for reading and for your questions!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JD Honest Mom. Show JD Honest Mom's posts

Aw, I love Harold and the Purple Crayon. So does my 4yo.  :-)

Great list! So happy to see you here!!!

Sections
Shortcuts