tubalub, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

tubalub, Tuesday, 20 facts

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Kip, thanks for your introduction yesterday. Please tell us 20 facts about yourself and your blog tubalub.com.

Attention readers: Feel free to post comments and questions about Kip's 20 facts in this thread. To learn more about this series and to nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: tubalub, Tuesday, 20 facts

Kristi, the link doesn't work...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Ooops! Fixed. Thanks kargiver!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

In response to BDCKristi's comment:

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Kip, please tell us 20 facts about yourself and your blog tubalub.com.

Attention readers: Feel free to post comments and questions about Kip's 20 facts in this thread. To learn more about this series and to nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/parents/featured-parent-blogger/general/discover-local-parent-bloggers/70/6559615

20 Things About Kip Durney and Tubalub.com

1. Tubalub.com was nominated as Best Daddy Blog by Parents Magazine in 2011
    2. I have identical twin girls that even I mix up often.   And no, identical twins are not hereditary.
    3. I grew up predominantly on the North Shore and went to St. John's Prep in Danvers for High School.
    4. My degree is in English but I've been working in technology (mostly healthcare) for the past 17 years.  Writing has always been my passion.  
    5. Tubalub.com began as a way to communicate with relatives and friends after the birth of the twins.  They were severely premature (more than 3 months early) and spent a great deal of time in the NICU.  It was a very difficult time in our lives and I needed not only a way to communicate with a bunch of people but also needed an outlet for my overflowing emotions, frustrations, and overwhelming fear of the unknown.  
    6. The name Tubalub originates as a fun way to get the kids in the tub when there were very small.  If we told them it was time for a bath, it was like pulling teeth.  If we told them it was time for the TUBALUB!!! they were all smiles and ran up the stairs.  Parenting is really a stage and we are merely the actors in a play.  The more dramatic the better.  
    7. I'm an animal lover and volunteer with the HSUS NDART, RedRover Responders, and One Tail at a Time dog rescue.  My wife and kids also volunteer their time to help care for rescued animals.  I plan to blog more about animal rescue, children, and instilling empathy in them by working worth animals.  
    8. We have a 7 year old yellow Lab named Preston who is the source of much of the shenanigans that happen in our home daily.  
    9. Preston was named after a wine.
    10. Ava's name means "fly" or "like a bird."  And that we hope she does... 
    11. Zoe's name means "life."  If there was ever a more fitting name for someone who went through what she did at birth, I'm not aware of it. 
    12. I often blast the music in the house and have dance parties in our living room on the couches with all three kids and the dog (sorry Mom!)
    13. My son Connor has some serious dance moves.  His latest video was actually submitted and accepted (with a LONG legal release doc!) by America's Funniest Home Videos.
    14. I love to take pictures of my kids and dog.
    15. I love Hank Moody.
    16. I am an alumni of Hurricane Island Outward Bound school which profoundly changed the way I think about the world we live in.
    17. I recently switched to Mac for personal use.  Why did I wait so long?!
    18. Every year, I write a Christmas Letter and include it with our Christmas cards to family and friends.  And all year, people comment on how much they appreciate it and enjoy reading it which makes it all worthwhile.  
    19. I am oddly infatuated with sandwiches.  
    20. Everyday, I remain grateful for my wife, my children, and of course Preston.  And everyday, I'm also reminded that life is fragile, short, and sometimes unforgiving.  Hold tight, hold often.  Love always.  Because you just never know how much time you have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re #4 and #16, can you find your Latin grammatical mistake, lol?  I'm not usually in the business of pointing out such things, but you set me up so nicely...had to tap it in.

Re #19, you must tune into the Food Network's "Sandwich King" on Sunday morning at 11...or DVR it, he's a kindred spirit, obviously. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Re #4 and #16, can you find your Latin grammatical mistake, lol?  I'm not usually in the business of pointing out such things, but you set me up so nicely...had to tap it in.

Re #19, you must tune into the Food Network's "Sandwich King" on Sunday morning at 11...or DVR it, he's a kindred spirit, obviously. :)

You got me!  A perfect example of why to not write with a 4 year-old on your lap!  LOL  :)  And then not to proof-read thoroughly!  I blame it on the kids.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

Wait.  There's a TV show about me?  I mean, really... I AM the Sandwich King.  Must check out this imposter.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So happy you laughed with me - sometimes the forums don't lend themselves to getting a joke across as intended!

Indeed, that's what they call him, my lord.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Congrats on #1!

#2: What is the question you get most often about your twins?

I love #6. We call it a tubby in my house. And my kids still don't get excited.

#13: How exciting about your son's video! When does it air?

#19: What is your absolute favorite sandwich?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamanthaMcG. Show SamanthaMcG's posts

Tell us more about Preston's shenanigans! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

LOL, Samantha! I was thinking that too :)

Yes, please tell!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

LOL, Samantha! I was thinking that too :)

Yes, please tell!

Pictures would do more justice!!!!  :)  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

Congrats on #1!

THANKS!

#2: What is the question you get most often about your twins?

"DO THEY HAVE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES?"

I love #6. We call it a tubby in my house. And my kids still don't get excited.

YEAH, IT USED TO WORK BETTER WHEN IT WAS A NEW THING.  NOW WE'VE SWITCHED TO SHOWERS WHICH AFTER SOME COAXING, IT SEEMS TO BE THE PREFERRED METHOD OF FILTH REMOVAL.  ALSO, I KNOW REFER TO IT AS THE "RAIN ROOM" WHICH HAS HELPED MAKE IT NEW AGAIN.  I CAN'T REINVENT SO I RENAME!  :)  

#13: How exciting about your son's video! When does it air?

THEY HAVEN'T SAID YET.  PROBALBY IN LIKE 2 YEARS.  HA! 

#19: What is your absolute favorite sandwich?

WITH SANDWICHES, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BREAD.  I'D EAT A ROCK SANDWICH IF IT WAS IN A  PIANTEDOSI ROLL.  BUT IF I HAD TO PICK ONE, IT WOULD BE A VERY SPECIAL TUNA MELT MEDLEY ON SOUR DOUGH WITH EVER SO DELICATELY DICED RED ONION, AGED SWISS CHEESE, DEEP RED ORGANIC TOMATO SLICE, AND A GLOB OF PEANUT BUTTER.  OK, A DAY LATE ON THE APRIL FOOLS.  HOLD THE PEANUT BUTTER AND YOU'VE GOT A GEM.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

In response to SamanthaMcG's comment:

Tell us more about Preston's shenanigans! 

Oh where to begin... let's see:

• He steals the kids' stuffies and runs around the house with them in his mouth
    • He stealthfully approaches the end of the driveway waiting to hear the warning beep of his electric fence collar.  If he doesn't hear it, he knows that we fogot to put in on and he joyfully goes visiting throughout the neighborhood.
    • He eats my socks.
    • When he was younger, he would wait for me to leave the house and then jump up on the dining room table.
    • He sleeps on my bed - but with his butt on my pillow! (he is 105lbs)
    • When he wants a Frosty Paw treat, he stands in front of the TV so you can't see the screen and won't move until you get him one.  

Isn't that cute (said very much sarcastically)?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2790934. Show user_2790934's posts

I too have a yellow lab, work in healthcare IT and am named Kip (shirt for Kipling), what is your name short for?

In response to KipDurney's comment:

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Attention readers: Feel free to post comments and questions about Kip's 20 facts in this thread. To learn more about this series and to nominate a local parenting blogger (or yourself!), go here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/parents/featured-parent-blogger/general/discover-local-parent-bloggers/70/6559615

2. I have identical twin girls that even I mix up often.   And no, identical twins are not hereditary.
    3. I grew up predominantly on the North Shore and went to St. John's Prep in Danvers for High School.
    4. My degree is in English but I've been working in technology (mostly healthcare) for the past 17 years.  Writing has always been my passion.  
    5. Tubalub.com began as a way to communicate with relatives and friends after the birth of the twins.  They were severely premature (more than 3 months early) and spent a great deal of time in the NICU.  It was a very difficult time in our lives and I needed not only a way to communicate with a bunch of people but also needed an outlet for my overflowing emotions, frustrations, and overwhelming fear of the unknown.  
    6. The name Tubalub originates as a fun way to get the kids in the tub when there were very small.  If we told them it was time for a bath, it was like pulling teeth.  If we told them it was time for the TUBALUB!!! they were all smiles and ran up the stairs.  Parenting is really a stage and we are merely the actors in a play.  The more dramatic the better.  
    7. I'm an animal lover and volunteer with the HSUS NDART, RedRover Responders, and One Tail at a Time dog rescue.  My wife and kids also volunteer their time to help care for rescued animals.  I plan to blog more about animal rescue, children, and instilling empathy in them by working worth animals.  
    8. We have a 7 year old yellow Lab named Preston who is the source of much of the shenanigans that happen in our home daily.  
    11. Zoe's name means "life."  If there was ever a more fitting name for someone who went through what she did at birth, I'm not aware of it. 
    12. I often blast the music in the house and have dance parties in our living room on the couches with all three kids and the dog (sorry Mom!)
    13. My son Connor has some serious dance moves.  His latest video was actually submitted and accepted (with a LONG legal release doc!) by America's Funniest Home Videos.
    15. I love Hank Moody.
    16. I am an alumni of Hurricane Island Outward Bound school which profoundly changed the way I think about the world we live in.
    18. Every year, I write a Christmas Letter and include it with our Christmas cards to family and friends.  And all year, people comment on how much they appreciate it and enjoy reading it which makes it all worthwhile.  
    20. Everyday, I remain grateful for my wife, my children, and of course Preston.  And everyday, I'm also reminded that life is fragile, short, and sometimes unforgiving.  Hold tight, hold often.  Love always.  Because you just never know how much time you have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm drooling...that melt looks delectable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

In response to user_2790934's comment:

I too have a yellow lab, work in healthcare IT and am named Kip (shirt for Kipling), what is your name short for?

In response to KipDurney's comment:

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

15. I love Hank Moody.

Charles of all things.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KipDurney. Show KipDurney's posts

I'm drooling...that melt looks delectable.

I'm hungry now and it's only 10:50am!  :)  

Sections
Shortcuts