ViolaCay, Tuesday, 20 facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCFeaturesEditor. Show BDCFeaturesEditor's posts

ViolaCay, Tuesday, 20 facts

Our #FeaturedParentBlogger this week is Sharon Reilly from ViolaCay.

Yesterday, she introduced herself and told us about her blog.

Today, Sharon, can you share 20 facts about yourself?

Sharon will be with us all week. Feel free to stop by and say "hi" or ask her a question! We also invite you to read about past Featured Parent Bloggers and nominate a blogger you enjoy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViolaCay. Show ViolaCay's posts

Re: ViolaCay, Tuesday, 20 facts

20 Facts about ME!

I hate gum. Hate chewing it, but I especially hate watching and listening to other people chew it. Gross.

I have traveled around the world, literally. I hardly ever tell anyone about my travels and I have no idea why.

I love that my husband is so handy. I lived alone for so long that I appreciate that someone else is in charge of those things now.

I watch singing competitions on TV like it's my job. It's because I am one of those people that secretly thinks they can sing, and really can't. No, I know I can't. I just reaaaaaaaally want to be able to sing.

I also desperately want a flat stomach but do NOT want to do sit ups.

I wear knee socks ALL winter.

I think I might be a Buddhist, but don't have the time to figure it out.

I used cloth diapers on my children, and it's not that crazy, really.

Speaking of crazy, I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I am.

I love that he loves me anyway.

I miss my brother, even more if that's possible, now that I have kids. He died when I was 23.

I let my kids watch too much TV - I never thought I would.

I am late for everything, seriously, everything.

I hated my hair on my wedding day. I made a conscious decision to let it go on that day, but I still haven't. I feel like an idiot every time I think about it and know how vain that is.

On my wedding day I also vowed to help my newly minted husband find the things he did not want to look for, forever. It is one of my most used vows.

How many is that? You must be bored by now. I am bored by me sometimes.

I love peeps. Oh and peanut butter banana sandwiches.

I am constantly amazed by the things my husband manages to accomplish, build, & design.

I used to work for the CIA. 

I hibernate in the winter and feel sad for my kids because I hate the cold SO MUCH.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any questions?
    Ok your turn tell me a fact about you...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not Like a Cat. Show Not Like a Cat's posts

Chewing gum!! Totally grosses me out as well. Can't BEAR it. I also hate it when people chew food with their mouths open. But gum is much grosser...especially when people chew GUM with their mouths open!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCFeaturesEditor. Show BDCFeaturesEditor's posts

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.

Can you tell us about some of the places you have traveled?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtonmom2. Show newtonmom2's posts

Don't hate gum but do hate when it is misused (fairly often), not so into the cold but force myself to walk every day (having a dog kind of helps with that), would love to sing and have been told (repeatedly) that I cannot mostly by my husband - my mom always told me I had a lovely voice but, hey, she's tone deaf, too).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViolaCay. Show ViolaCay's posts

In response to BDCFeaturesEditor's comment:

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.

Can you tell us about some of the places you have traveled?

I lived in London for a while and from that base I traveled to Ireland, Scotland, Norway and Egypt. Then I did the bacpacking tour of Western Europe including Greece and Turkey and an extended stay in Italy.

I moved back home and then a few years later set off on an around the world journey. I went from Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, India, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and then back home!

I see all this and think driving to Florida with 3 kids shouldn't be too bad right!?