1st Birthday Party Ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woopie. Show woopie's posts

1st Birthday Party Ideas

My DS is turning one in November. Our house is too small to host a party of mostly adults and a few children. Any ideas? Thanks,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: 1st Birthday Party Ideas

Do you have any friends or family nearby with homes more conducsive to entertaining a larger crowd who would be happy to host the party?  Maybe you'd assume it would be an imposition, but as long as you say up front that you'd be taking care of the decorations, food, etc., as if it were at your home I'm sure someone would be up for it.  In fact, it would obviously be someone invited to the party, anyway, and some people would prefer to not leave home. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: 1st Birthday Party Ideas

woopie,
    This has been discussed before. You may want to search for it on the forum. There were several great ideas.
    I know you must be so excited your baby is turning a year old. But one thing you have to remember is, you are doing the party for YOU - not your baby. A one year old would not even remember you threw him/her a party, and it can be quite upsetting to a one year old to suddenly have a lot of people milling around. Still it is a milestone for you and for your parents. Don't be surprised if DS goes to sleep during the festivities.
    Several chimed in in the previous thread and advised to keep the party small, very small. Just the closest relatives. And keep it at a time when you know, your baby will be awake. Just serve a cake with one candle. Baby will enjoy it and you will enjoy it.
    So even though you do not have a home that can accommodate a whole lot of people - it will probably be large enough to accommodate the ones that are closest to your baby.
    Congratulations on the upcoming milestone and have a nice party - Pingo