Article

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Article

Article in the Lifestyle section:
    www.boston.com/lifestyle/health/articles/2011/08/02/us_health_agency_says_insurers_must_provide_free_birth_control_for_women/?page=1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Re: Article

About time, if you ask me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I am so pleased about this! Long past time!

This is awful to admit, but I have found since becoming a mother, I have less, not more, tolerance for people who bring babies into bad circumstances - bad emotional states, bad relationships, bad financial situations. I hope this will eliminate at least some of those ills.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2011/08/mbta-passengers-step-and-stop-woman-she-allegedly-abuses-infant-son-police-say/tM68sXnxemWmVSRowRNrCL/index.html?p1=News_links

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Wow.

“There are some major ifs in this case, one of which is did he suffer any injuries other than some dried blood on the side of his mouth?” said DeMiranda.

Um... what about the "injury" of having a mother who punches him in the face when he doesn't want to eat?  I applaud the people on this bus, but I fear that baby will be back with his mom at some point.  It makes me feel sick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileyd. Show smileyd's posts

In theory, it's a good idea and I completely agree.  But realize that it probably just means insurance premiums will go up, as there is now another mandatory coverage item. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I want the baby to be safe first and foremost, but I hope there is some way the mother will get help, too.  If you're desperate enough to punch a baby on a bus, you need a LOT of professional help.
    I agree with Poppy - makes me feel ill on behalf of both of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

That's horrible.  There was also an article about a man who threw his newborn on the cement when he was in a fight with the baby's mother.  Sick. 

"This is awful to admit, but I have found since becoming a mother, I have less, not more, tolerance for people who bring babies into bad circumstances - bad emotional states, bad relationships, bad financial situations. I hope this will eliminate at least some of those ills."

I know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately there are so many people out there who are so reckless that no amount of free birth control will cause them to act responsibly.  It never ceases to amaze me that in a day with venereal diseases running rampant, people still don't use protection, never mind birth control.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

This is awful to admit, but I have found since becoming a mother, I have less, not more, tolerance for people who bring babies into bad circumstances.
    It's not awful to admit it.  I have absolutely no tolerance for people who mistreat children.  Never have, never will. If you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control.  There have always been clinics where the BC is cheap or free. Condoms have always been cheap.  And abstinence is free. Many of these people want to have children - it brings in more $$$ from the government.  No amount of free birth control will solve that.