Baby-moon recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

I'm 13 weeks now and am planning on flying direct to LA at the end of this month.� We flew to Las Vegas the beginning of last month.� I get concerned about sitting for too long, and it's a shame that there isn't much room to move around on a plane.� I tried to stay out of the way, but when a flight is full, drink service takes forever and everyone goes to the bathroom at the same time - it's like the flight attendants aren't up to speed on recommendations to move around and stretch as they look at you like you're a nut!� Anyway, I'm not super looking forward to the trip at the end of this month, but my hubby has to travel for work and it's the only way to be together for our first anniversary.� At least the trip back is faster!� For places nearby - we like the Wentworth in Jackson Village, NH.� That's where we picked up this little seed at the beginning of� February!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from julper. Show julper's posts

Good luck in your 2WW!

Just a couple of things to think about if you haven't already:
    -you might want to look into what kind of maternity leave your comany allows you. You may have to start saving your vacation time now if you plan on returning to work and you don't get much leave time.
    -you might consider waiting to plan the "baby moon" until you are actually pregnant. As you know, TTC can take time, and you might end up needing another baby moon by the time you're pregnant!� That's no reason not to take a vacation now, too, if you can afford the vaca time.

DH and I wanted to go to NYC for a long weekend for our babymoon, but it turns out we didn't have time to do it. But it's nice that NY is within driving distance and there certainly is lots to do there! I wouldn't plan on going to NY when 6 or more months pregnant though; you won't want to do all that much walking. If you don't want to drive you could fly or take the bus, the Peter Pan bus is wicked cheap. (You can also take Amtrak, but IMHO it's not worth it - almost as expensive as flying)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teaperson. Show teaperson's posts

The Globe had an article recently on Babymoons with some good ideas - http://boston.com/travel/gallery/babymoon_guide

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrsme. Show mrsme's posts

Pregnant women are 6x more likely to develop blood clots so if you take a long flight--or any flight for that matter--walk around alot and drink plenty of fluids.� Compression hose is also a good idea.Also, I agree with the other poster; I don't think flying during the first tri is the best option.� I am usually a very calm traveler but having flown internationally at 5 months and am planning to again at 7--as long as doctor approves it�(for work and for babymoon)--I can tell you staying more local is less stressful.� Good luck and enjoy!�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

I'm not sure about air travel rules, I think occasional air travel is safe until well into the pregnancy though.� But I wanted to mention that scheduling a big trip during the first trimester might be a mistake if you end up too sick/tired to enjoy it, especially in the 8-12 week window.� But if you get good news this month, you'd be past 12 weeks sometime in July anyway.� Good luck!