baby yada is here!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

baby yada is here!!

Congrats!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marriedmom. Show marriedmom's posts

baby yada is here!!

Haven't been here for a while but fun to see such good news, so congrats Yada - quite a holiday present for you!

Baby boys are just so sweet.

- Tracy (formerly VT072006)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

baby yada is here!!

Congratulations yada to you and Mr. yada. Isn't birth the mostwonderful experience one can have? Such a miracle. Glad you are breastfeeding - and that you and your little guy are comfortable doing so.One of the best gifts you can give that little guy. A special bondingtime for you and he. Best wishes - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

baby yada is here!!

Hello Ladies!

I wanted to let you all know that my little man has arrived! He was born via c-section on 12/15. He weighed in at a hefty 8lbs 10oz and measured 21 inches long. While the c-section was not the birth experience we had hoped for, we are very happy with the final outcome. We are both doing really well... I have been healing very quickly and for the most part feel like my old self again. The baby is thriving... gaining weight and sleeping well. He's a pro at breastfeeding which has been a welcomed surprise. I never really thought I was the b-feeding kind of gal but I love our time together.

A little about our birth experience... I came down with a very strange rash a few weeks ago. It turns out that it's a fairly common reaction in first pregnancies, especially with baby boys. It's called PUPPPS and it's very itchy and uncomfortable. The cure is birth. With this rash, the size of the baby and the fact that I hadn't dilated or dropped, we decided to go in on the morning of the 15th for a cervical ripening. I started contracting almost immediately. Everything seemed to be going great and then there were a few drops in baby's heart rate (turned out he was gripping the umbilical cord pretty tightly in his fist) so they decided to move us up to the L&D floor and begin inducing. We started off very slowly with the pitocin and also ruptured my bag of waters in hopes of getting my contractions strong and steady. After many many hours of pitocin at the highest level I had not progressed at all. My OB gave me a pelvic exam and determined that my pelvis is tilted and narrow... since the baby was so large she said it would take a miracle for him to fit. After a few tears and some discussion we decided to go for the c-section. I was prepped and in the OR in about 5 minutes. My little man was born about 30 minutes later. My husband was sooooo great throughout the whole process... I don't know what I would have done without him.

I hope you all are doing well... Have a happy and healthy New Year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from septembergirl76. Show septembergirl76's posts

baby yada is here!!

Congrats to you and your family.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

baby yada is here!!

Congratulations on the birth of your little man! :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

baby yada is here!!

It's when they place prostiglandins on your cervix in hopes of getting it to dilate. I first heard about it in the birthing class we went to. It doesn't always work right away... I was scheduled for 2 of them (one at 8am and the other at noon) but it only took one session to get me contracting. Unfortunately it didn't make me dilate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

baby yada is here!!

Thanks so much! He was born at Brigham & Women's and I can't say enough positive things about the nurses there. They were so helpful with b-feeding advice which was great!
    I was really nervous about the prospect of a c-section when I was pregnant as well. I tried to keep an open mind throughout my pregnancy regarding delivery but I have to admit that I was really bummed when my OB told me that my pelvis was too narrow and tilted to allow for my big baby to pass. After 15 hours of contracting with no progress, I was ready to get him out!!! I do kind of feel like I have somehow cheated the system but frankly I am very pleased with the way things turned out. My recovery has been really easy... It's been 2.5 weeks and I really do feel like my old self again. I'm only 2 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, no pain AND my sex drive is up (which stinks b/c I'm supposed to wait for 6 weeks!!). If you do end up having a c-section the best advice I can give you is to get up and moving as soon as you can... it really helps speed things along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

baby yada is here!!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dela12. Show dela12's posts

baby yada is here!!

I'm so happy for you! The suprises you endured during labor are a window in to motherhood. We need to be ready for anything.

What a blessing. Good luck!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

baby yada is here!!

Well thanks! I gained 28 pounds and had an 8lb 10oz baby... my OB said that the placenta was one of the largest she's ever seen so that may have a played a large role in my weight loss right off the bat. Now don't get me wrong... I have a long way to go. I lovingly refer to my belly is "my puddin' pot". It's amazing how different your body is after birth. I'm looking forward to getting the official okay from my OB to begin working out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krazykitten218. Show krazykitten218's posts

baby yada is here!!

Congratulations on your new little one! You are definitely not alone with that rash! My girlfriend had twins last july and she experienced it the last three months of her pregnancy ( about the 4, 5 and 6th month-she delivered way early at 7 months)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

baby yada is here!!

I know I'm late to respond, but I've been away. Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! I was thinking about you last week and wondering if you had had your baby yet. Thanks for sharing the good news! Enjoy celebrating the New Year with your new baby boy!