Berkshire or Maine weekend getaway recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

Berkshire or Maine weekend getaway recommendations

Any weekend getaway recommendations for me and the hubby in the Berkshires or Maine or some other scenic location?  We are looking to go in early March.  We would like a place with good food and good massages where we can just relax.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Re: Berkshire or Maine weekend getaway recommendations

I like Ogunquit because it's so close to Boston.  It'll be easy to find openings in March. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Try......

Ogunquit - Beachmere Inn - renovated old Victorian home NOT the efficiency appts! on the Marginal walk too! Walk to Perkins Cove the setting for Murder She Wrote!

http://www.beachmereinn.com/

Kennebunkport, ME - The Captain Lord Mansion.....very nice

http://www.captainlord.com/

Have fun!Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Portland, ME has a fun little downtown and AMAZING food! Go to Fore Street. You won't be disappointed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

We went to the Samoset resort in Camden, Maine in October.  Beautiful resort - relaxing spa - good restaurant.  In March you should be able to get a pretty good rate and they have package deals too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

The White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport is expensive, but really lovely.
    They have a superb restaurant too.
    www.whitebarninn.com

Happy Travels!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Redsoxfan76. Show Redsoxfan76's posts

I second MissWolff on Portland and Fore St. My BIL and his fam live there and I was amazed at the selection of great restaurants. There are also some nice beaches (for walking, in March) and other fun day-trippy things to do like going to Peaks Island. I would actually move there in a heartbeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Not Maine or Berkshires, but we spent a night in Portsmouth, NH and it was wonderful!  Small town, all walkable, nice bars, live music a few places, good restaurants...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

Thank you all for the suggestions!  Now to find time to check them out and start planning....Tongue out

Sections
Shortcuts