Best double stroller for kids 21 months apart?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from missJB. Show missJB's posts

Best double stroller for kids 21 months apart?

Hi there,

I'm due in May with my second daughter.  My first daughter will be 21 months old.  DD #1 is not a big fan of strollers.  She doesn't like being confined and having limited visibility.  She walks really well but is hard to control as she wants to explore everything.  I was looking at getting a double stroller from One Step Ahead that can fit the infant car seat, for newborn, and has the sit/stand option for my older daughter.  I think she would like the standing option.  Any suggestions on double strollers?  I think the side by side option looks awkward and I can see it being a hassle in stores with narrowe isles so I am not really interested in those models.

Thanks in advance for any input!

MrsJB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Re: Best double stroller for kids 21 months apart?

It's been awhile, but for all four kids we used the Graco Duo-Glider (if I remember the name correctly), which seats the 2 kids back to front.  My older kids always loved sitting in the front so they could see everything and generally feel like the boss of the world.  Doesn't have a standing option, though.  Still, it was pretty inexpensive and very easy to maneuver through stores -- and it lasted a very, very long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't answer your question directly, but have you considered a harness for the 2 year old?  They give perfect freedom from the child's perspective, able to use their hands, see, walk, etc., and perfect control from the parent's.  I had one and I turned out OK. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

I know you mentioned that you weren't interested in the side by side....but I just thought I would throw out there that I love my double side by side MacClaren.  I couldn't find a sit and stand or other option that I liked and went with the MacClaren instead.  Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

I'm wondering the same thing as my 2 will be 30 months  (2.5 yrs)apart.  My DD does love being in her stroller, we primarily use a jogging stroller.  My debate is between the Sit and Stand or a Double Jogger, which will cost a lot more.  We don't do a lot of mall and shopping with it, more outside...

#2 is due in August, and I wonder how much #1 will want to sit in the stroller by the following spring... which is making me lean towards the sit and stand... Joovy Caboose is another similar one but it costs more and I wasn't crazy about the reviews

lastly, I have a friend with twins who LOVES her double McLaren!

Sections
Shortcuts