BoMoms?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red1977. Show Red1977's posts

BoMoms?

[Quote]Honestly...I'm not sure either!! I tend to quickly scan the topics - but a lot of them seem to be advertising for something or other and not real meaningful questions/posts that normally show up on this site.[/Quote]

Yeah ... I tend to agree: seems like advertising for the most part. Or that the questions in the forums are posed by the members of the "Motherboard" - the folks in charge of the site.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

BoMoms?

Honestly...I'm not sure either!! I tend to quickly scan the topics - but a lot of them seem to be advertising for something or other and not real meaningful questions/posts that normally show up on this site.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red1977. Show Red1977's posts

BoMoms?

I know that part of the reason this board is not as active as it could be is because of the flawed re-design . . . at least, that's why I don't post as much as I did when I was on the wedding boards, back in the day. It's so frustrating not to have "flagged" messages, # of new posts since you last read it, having the thread pick up where you left off, and not receiving email notifications of replies.

That said, are you all using the BoMoms forum at all? It seems kind of active, but I have no idea who those women are! Are they "real" women like us, or are they fake posts? I guess I just feel like I kind of "got to know" some of the women on here from the wedding boards; at least, I recognize the screen names. But the folks on BoMoms seems like a whole new crew. Thoughts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

BoMoms?

No. The topics on BoMoms are generally droll or ridiculous but really, "BoMoms" the term just makes me want to stab my eyes out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

BoMoms?

it'sdefinitely the flawed redesign, which is a very nice way to put it :)

the bomoms site is too much fluff for me. all i would like is a normal message board with normal people!

so no, i'm not on the bomoms site at all. it's seems totally useless to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3797344. Show user_3797344's posts

Re: BoMoms?

Can someone tell me what happened to the "Ask the Experts" section? Or the "Mom Talk" section? What has happened to BoMoms? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

New Moms site

Hi, grace -- We recently redesigned and renamed BoMoms to simply Boston.com Moms. We are using these message boards rather than the separate system in use before, have added a daily mailbag by Barbara Meltz, and are featuring a blogroll of local parenting bloggers.

As for the Ask the Experts feature: We found that the experts weren't answering the questions quickly enough for the parents who had written in, so we've temporarily suspended that feature until we can line up new experts. We're also interested in whether a feature like that would be of interest; your message seems to indicate it would. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Meanwhile, I would appreciate it if you all could check out the new Moms site and tell us what you think. It's a work in progress, so your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3797344. Show user_3797344's posts

Hi BDCDottie,
    Thanks, I am definitely interested in getting the experts back, but you are right, they really didn't answer fast enough.  It would be good to get this back again with more experts.  I also would love to see a category or more information for moms of grade school age and teenage kids.  I'll bet there are other moms out there who would like to have this kind of info included.  I've investigated other blogs, but they mostly seem to cater to moms of infants and toddlers.  I know that is a big market, but I also believe there is a market for older moms too.  Thanks for your help and good luck with improving the site. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lylah. Show Lylah's posts

[QUOTE]I also would love to see a category or more information for moms of grade school age and teenage kids.  I'll bet there are other moms out there who would like to have this kind of info included.   
    Posted by grace[/QUOTE]

Grace, I feel the same way! I try to address some of those "older-kid" issues in the Child Caring column; please feel free to email me with some of the subjects you'd like to see posted!

-- Lylah

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi, grace, We do include articles suited to all ages of kids on the site, but you're right; there does seem to be more information available for infants and toddlers. I had started a Teens and Tweens category on this Parents Forum at the request of some mothers when I started these boards more than 2 years ago, but it just didn't get much traffic, so I closed it. Happy to start one again if there's a demand for it. And I will definitely look into ramping up the Ask the Experts feature again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3797344. Show user_3797344's posts

Thanks Lylah and BDCDottie.  I just read the "Child Caring column" and think it's great.  I may post a question sometime regarding older kids if I need to, I have 3 kids ranging in age from 8 to 13!  Thanks.