budget friendly camcorders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: budget friendly camcorders

We have the flip ultra HD http://www.amazon.com/Flip-UltraHD-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B0040702HA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1292439855&sr=1-1 and it is AMAZING. Totally clear sound, beautiful picture, and so easy to use even my MOM figured it out in seconds (she still hasn't mastered the tv remote). The software interface is also totally intuitive and simple. They are always going on sale, too. We have the generation before the one I just posted and I think we paid $120.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

we did see that one and it looked easy to use!  is it easy to download to something like a CD or a quick video on email or something? I was also looking at a kodak one that was small like this as well as some of the samsungs..  I'd just rather advice from an actual user!  :-) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

SO easy. The camera plugs right into your USB drive, the software pops up, saves your movies into a folder with the the month and year, and then you can edit them or export them. I usually export the movie to my desktop and then email or upload it because I don't want to deal with looking for it on my computer (in gmail you  have to browse and can't click and drag attachments).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

We have a JVC that is nice but we don't use it all that often.  I have friends that have the Flip and love it!  My parents friend also has one and she can use it with ease (she's not computer savy either).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Everyone loves the flip. We bought one because our friends have one. They bought theirs because their friends have one. It's like that "I told two friends" commercial.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

haha - sounds like the flip is a good one to go with!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Can't recommend the Flip enough!! It is the greatest. So easy to use, really clear picture & sound. Totally user-friendly to download.

Another thing about Flip that we love--You can set up an account on the Flip website with videos. Anytime you upload a video an e-mail notification goes out to anyone you've put on your list to be able to access videos. This works perfectly for members of our families who want to see videos, but don't have a Facebook account and don't want their e-mail full of these huge video files.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I love the Flip too.  I tested four or five simlar devices and the Flip was the best for quality of video and worked great in low light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

We have a Handycam - I think it ranges from like $250-300. I like it, but it takes some getting used to being so small (but then again I have kind of large hands). You can take still photos with it also, and the quality is pretty good. They have an HD version - that might be the one that's $300.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

there are a lot of flips out there.. is the main diff the recording time.  do you all have the 2 hour recording time versus the 1 and 90 mins..  I'd think you'd want at least 2 hours so you don't have to download constantly..  ??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

weird I was just thinking about this!  I've been looking into the flip and am wondering if just using the video function on my camera is basically the same thing, and that I could save the money?? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I thought about that too AJuly but sounds like this has other good features too..  Like the flip website..  and extra memory space and 2 hours of recording time.  there is an Ultra HD and a Mino HD though and i'm really not too sure what the diff is and if one is better than another

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

We just got the Cannon FS300.  I can't remember what we paid, but it was around $200 I think (DH ordered it).  It's VERY basic, but we figured we'd try it out and in a few years get something fancier if we so desire.  It's very easy to use, but I haven't watched the videos yet...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

July, the video function on your camera can be great (if it writes right to mp3/vod format or similar) or a total pain in the butt if you have to use all sorts of special software to get it off the camera.  I have a fancy Luminx which has the video function but I'll be damned if I get can the freaking video off.  And I'm a computer wiz.  The flip is great because the videos are already in upload and editor friendly format. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

You could borrow your SIL's camcorder for the wedding and forget to give it back...  Or maybe that is just me...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Our camera takes video, but the flip video is really great quality. I know bands who have used it for videos.

You'd be surprised how long 2  hours of recording time really is. We download ours every couple weeks if that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

That's great to know Lemon!  Thanks!  Seems like the flip is the way to go amongst this population!  :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

thanks for the info! Santa, Santa? Do you think he knows I want a flip?

Sections
Shortcuts