C-Section question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

C-Section question

For all of you who've had c-sections, did you have any residual internal pain 9 months post surgery?  I still have occasional pain in my abdoman behind my incision site and am wondering if that is typical.  Have not called my OB because it comes and goes and when I'm not feeling it, I don't think about it.

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Re: C-Section question

Poppy, I'd call your ob. Most likely what happened was they sewed up some nerve endings when they closed you up, and those are taking time regnerating themselves. I had this happen to me. It's not fun. But it does get better. Though I think by 9 mo I was pain free. But it's best if you get it checked out just to be safe!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betty7. Show betty7's posts

I'm 8 months s/p c-section and still have soreness at my incision. It's mostly when pressing on it, and not all the time. I also have some very occasional sharp twinges which I've always assumed is a nerve caught in the scar tissue like KAM said. My incision also still looks a little red/purple in color (but not in a bad infection way), which I'm surprised about this far out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

My incision area was numb for nearly a year, but a friend who'd had one told me she'd gone through the same thing.  When she had her second, she said the numbness lasted even longer.

I'd call if you're concerned, even if it's just to get reassurance that it's normal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Poppy, I have no advice I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are having this problem.

I don't think you should wait on getting this checked out. I am not familiar with any surgical stuff, but it sounds uncomfortable and wonder if it could impact you if you decided you wanted to have another baby?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks, all.
    ML, that is exactly what I"m thinking about, since if we were going to try for a second it would be sometime in the next few months.  It's not all the time pain - just occasional.  But I think I'll call my OB and run it by him.  It's kind of like a dull ache, internal - behind my incision.  Maybe it's a nerve - I hadn't thought of that.
    Thanks again!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Poppy, I never had a C-section but I had knee surgery 6 months ago and my rehab is taking longfer because I have a large amount of scar tissue behind the incision.  That could be what's going on with you. 

As for the scar.  My PT told me to use this religiously as I was trying to get the scar to be less red for our honeymoon.  It's been working great.
    http://www.amazon.com/Palmers-Butter-Formula-Vitamin-Swivel/dp/B0009F3O90