Car Seat Advice Needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samanthastevens. Show samanthastevens's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

http://www.albeebaby.com/br20macocars12.html� How about a britax for $209?� I just bought this one, and I love it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Why do you have to buy a car seat for your daycare provider? That seems a little odd to me. My nephews daycare provider has car seats for when she takes the kids out. Our son goes to a daycare center and when they go on field trips we just leave his car seat.

We don't have 2 britax seats. We have one no-name seat that is in the car our son rides in the least. It works fine. The Britax is in the car that we use the most.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

I have a britax roundabout and really like it.� Check out baby bargains - they have great advice for everything including car seats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

The shots went well... he took them like a champ!� He cried of course but was easily consoled right afterward with some snuggles and a bottle.� I think they were harder on me than they were on him.� He hasn't spiked a fever or anything and really hasn't been fussy.� He did eat an absolute ton when we got home from the appointment though... he sucked down two 5oz bottles within an hour of coming home.� Uh oh, just like his mommy to eat his way through stress!� :)� Thanks for asking!!� Oh yeah... he weighs 15lbs 12oz!!!� His length is 26 inches!� His pediatrician said he's doing great and�said we shouldn't be�concerned with his weight in the slightest.� Whew!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Yada,
    I got an email from the Baby Center Store that they are having a sale on all Britax Car Seats (15% off) and free shipping. Just thought I'd pass it on. http://store.babycenter.com/category/left+nav+pgroups/shop+by+brand/a+-+f/britax.do?intcmp=emailStoreAll022608_A_Headline&pe=7JJa9d&scid=te-store:20080226:4702:101403:12705

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

That's a good suggestion...
    I think what we might do is purchase an infant/toddler seat for daycare for now and take it home on the weekends to see what we think.� My son still fits in the infant carrier but i'm thinking it won't be long until he's out of it.� I just didn't want to purchase another base (for $60) for daycare if he's going to outgrow it in the next few months.
    Having a big baby is great... I know he's healthy and eating well, he sleeps great and he's got the most kissable cheecks i've ever seen.� BUT... they sure do cost a lot!!!� :)� He outgrows clothes like nothing i've ever seen and now he's outgrowing the high priced items.� Oh boy, oh boy!� :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

I feel your pain Yada!� My son is 3.5.� He has been over the 90th percentile for height and weight all along.� People often think he is 4 ior 5.� He is currently growing out of his 4T clothes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

My guy is 10 weeks old and is wearing 6 month or 9 month clothing.� If there are feet on the onsies he has to wear a 9 mo size because he is too long for the 6.� If there aren't feet he can pull off the 6.� The last time we weighed him (3 weeks ago) he was 14 lbs 6 oz... I know he has grown a significant amount since then because he is no longer in any of the clothes he wore 3 weeks ago.� We go to the Dr's today... I can't wait to see where he's at.� I'm guessing 16 pounds.� He will also be getting his first round of shots... I'm a wreck!� I get teary just thinking about him being in pain.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Just to warn you...the shots are nothing compared to the Lead test!� Someone should come up with a better way to test lead levels than pricking a baby/toddlers finger and using a pipet to draw up the blood.� I have had to hold my son down for this test.� The shots are easy if the person who is giving them is good and fast!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Lead test?� When does that happen?� I haven't heard anything about it.� Sounds awful!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Lead test was at one year and again at two years for our first daughter.� Not fun at all.� They draw blood from the finger.� I'm dreading this come July for our second.�

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

You could always get one seat and do the transfer for awhile.� If you like the seat and it is easy to work with then get a second one later (spread out the cost a little).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Oh wow... thanks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

I love our Britax Marathon!� It is really easy to use and install.� We figured our little guy had a good chance at being tall (and he is) also it was rated well for cars without LATCH (neither of our cars have it).� They are expensive but they have a large weight range so we thought it was well worth it.� He would still be in it now at 3.5 except we are expecting #2 and decided to move him to a booster seat.� So I guess we chose it based on Safety, Weight, Convenience and it also came highly recommended by friends.� We got a freebee car seat that was in my husbands car that works just fine but I don't like it half as much as the Britax.� Our son grew out of it already.� I feel your pain.� My son was out of the infant seat at 4 months!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Our noname car seat was a freebie from DH's work.� It works okay but can't be used in my car.� The seat belts don't get tight enough.� Had we not received the free car seat we would have likely purchased 2 Britax.� My brother has the same thing.� They got a car seat free from their health insurance.� It isn't as nice as the one they registered for so they use it in the car the baby is in less.� It still works fine.� The seat we got from DH's work was what is given to people who can not afford to buy one from one of the major hospitals in Boston.� It works fine in his car.� It doesn't have the fancy cushion and saftey foam.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Hello Moms!
    I am researching infant/toddler car seats for my little guy (he has nearly outgrown his infant carrier at 2 months!!!).� I would love some advice from those of you that have purchased one....
    What brand did you choose?� Why?� Price?� Safety?� Weight?� Convenience?� Any info you could provide me would be great!TIA!
    -yada

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

The daycare provider we have decided to go with is a stay-at-home mom who plans on taking the boys on outings and to classes a few times a week... that's why we need another car seat for her.� I'm totally fine with purchasing one, I'm just trying to get a feel for which one to get.�

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Hi Yada,
    I sent you an email about a sale I saw on Britax. I tried to post it here but b,com deleted it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from msts-1. Show msts-1's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Any answer to your question other than an ahem, a stutter and some long winded justification isn't coming. There is no reason to get anything better than what is functional unless you want to show the other women how great you are, paying extra money for temporary goods just to be "in". My peeve is the baby monitor. You have to have them. HAVE TO!!! And remember to put them on as loud as possible so you can hear your baby breathing, because its important!!! Then when yopur cjild is past the age that you need it, or you have a second child and you stop being a nut, you can put it in a box and never use it again for any subsequent children. Your first baby, you sterilize your house and buy all sorts of nonsense. Your second (third, fourth...) you use the rag that you checked your oil with.Seriously, buy what you think is right and save your money.�

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yadayadayada. Show yadayadayada's posts

Car Seat Advice Needed

Yes of course... backward facing until 1 year.� I'm looking at one that can face the rear or the front and then becomes a booster when they're older.� The problem is that I have to purchase 2 of them... one for our car and one for his daycare provider.� We can't afford to drop $500 on 2 Britax seats.� I'm hoping to get some positive feedback on one of the less expensive - yet equally safe seats.