Changing tables

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Changing tables

I have this set up.� The changing pad is actually attached to the back of the dresser with screws (I think).� There are straps on one side and they go behind the dresser and are screwed down.� It doesn't slip at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Changing tables

I have a changing table/dresser combo and I like it.� there are screws at the back that attach to the changing pad.� My son is 10 months old and it has worked out well....although now he moves around so much that we are close to doing changing on the floor!!� Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

Changing tables

I have never strapped either child to the changing table.� Ours has a strap for attaching the pad to the table, which we do use.� Honestly, if you have all your supplies right there on the changing table, and you don't leave the child there unattended, you should be all right.Our second daughter is the wiggliest little thing I've ever seen, so I usually change her on the floor anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Changing tables

There is nothing wrong to have just a dresser with a pad. I am sure it will work fine. The only reason, I would go for a changing table is, that they are bit taller. Better for your back. Just think of how many times you will stand there bending over.
    But honestly, one can change the baby anywhere one wants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Changing tables

We bought a changing table/dresser combo.� Our baby isn't here yet, but it's what my sister had as well.� The changing pad has a non-skid bottom so that it doesn't slip around.� Plus, our combo unit has a changing rail, just like a changing table would, so that the pad can't move too much anyway.� There's also room in a cabinet to the side for diapers, wipes, etc.� This is similar to what we have (slightly different, ours has three longer drawers and only�one cabinet): http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2792306�and we love it, because it saves space from having to have two separate things.� I think it depends on your space what you decide to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

Changing tables

we have a dresser with a changing pad. it doesn't slide around at all (i even double checked this weekend so i could be sure when i replied) even when i tried sliding it over the dresser...obviosuly i can lift it off but i cannot slide it around. I also have a pack-n-play with a changing table attachment (this is on the main floor, the dresser is upstairs in my daughters bedroom). we still use both. there is plenty of room at the foot of the changing pad for diapers, wipes and lotions.

my daughter loves to eat the strap and that's really the only way it's been used...as a teether! we are always right there and all supplies are right within reach so there is always one hand on the baby!