Child Support Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Child Support Question

Trublu was just great.�Anyone else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Child Support Question

I've done everything right in following custody and visitation arrangements set by the Judge and negotiation by the attorneys.� I've gone beyond the call, beyond the requirements, because I feel it is in the best interests of our daughter.� Which is as it should be and, as we know, child support and visitation are separate matters.My ex has not paid child support in 3 months; before that - the Order was given in October 2004 - various months he has fallen behind.� I don't know the total, but I have the paperwork from the Mass. Department of Revenue, which processes and sends child support.I don't know what he's doing with his money - I can't believe cigarettes and alcohol would eat up $300/month in child support - but he's paying his own bills, which have not risen in a majorly way four years (lucky to be with a landlord who hasn't raised the rent; utilities and food bills of course have risen).My divorce attorney tells me I have to file a complaint with the DOR before she can return to Court, because DOR has to add up the arrears, and have a complaint on record from me.� I am on vacation next week, my daughter is in school, and I will use those 30 hours to collect paperwork, go to the DOR, and file.So, the question (finally - sorry it took me so long to get to it): at what point in child support arrears does the DOR get moving?� Without resources, will they deal with my issue - less than $1,000 from the past three months, and probably not a lot more over the past four years?� I thought the "deadbeat dad - deadbeat man" syndrome did not kick in until $10,000 or more.I tried going through his family first, but after all these years, they remain angry with me for divorcing their violent and alcoholic son.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Child Support Question

If you have a court order through DOR and you haven't recieved child support within 10 days of when you are supposed to get it, call them and they will send a letter to his employer. They track his pay (unless he's working under the table) and will get the employer to send you the amount in arrearages within 30 days - this a law that all companies have to abide by. I don't believe it matter about the amout. On the occasions I haven't gotten my child support on time is because it's usually an HR / payroll issue, not a DOR issue. You don't need your divorce attorney to take care of this for you. If it's already in the DOR system, DOR will help you track down the arrearages. $300.00 a month can't be right unless he works part time for�minimum wage - you might want to check on that. DOR can track what his pay is as long as you have a child support order intact. If they find out he should be paying more - then you go back to court to have the order revised.1-800-332-2733 - you will need to set up an PIN and password. so have your case number handy. Let me know if you have any more questions - I've been dealing with this system a long time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Child Support Question

Thank you trublusu for your reply - and your valuable information (which I will use).� I will go through DOR then, and not attorney (which wil hopefully save time and money of not going back to Court).So, just in light of background:He is to pay $84/week.Until Dec. 17, 2007, I did not track of arrears, but I did keep paperwork from DOR (the monthly statement).He is a cab driver and can hide earnings.� He can not hide the "way bill" (taxi-talk for rent paid to the cab owner; he is a renter), nor expenses.People tell me I was lucky get that much, since he can hide.He claims poverty at every step - including telling our 10-year-old daughter about it!� tells her, for example, he can't do this with her, he can't do that with her, because rent is due, and Daddy is poor.� How inappropriate.� I believe in bringing children into family financial discussions, so they grow up with a realistic idea about money.� I don't believe in guilt-truipping small children about money.Thank you again.� Your advice is just great, and just what I need.

Sections
Shortcuts