Convertible Car Seat Help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

We registered for an Evenflo Triumph based on the positive reviews and we were not happy with it so we exchanged it for a Britax Marathon. It is expensive, but it is the top convertible seat so we sucked it up and bought one. Luckily, since we were exchanging the Triumph it only cost us about $60. HTH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tigger32. Show Tigger32's posts

I have a 14 month old son. We have a Evenflo Triumph Advance in my car (primary car) and a Cosco Scenara in DH's car (secondary car) and we love both seats! Our son is still rear-facing and will be until the limits of each seat. Both seats are installed using the LATCH system and we have no complaints about either. Like you I did a ton of research before we actually bought the seats. We switched over at 6 months because I was sick of lugging the infant seat in and out of daycare every day but since there are some days DH picks up unexpectedly I had to have the infant seat available. Once we switched it was so much easier and nicer for everyone!

DS in tall and thin so unfortunately I am not much help in terms of tightness near the buckle. The best advice I can give is to take your DD to the store and actually put her in the various seats your are deciding from. That way you will see first hand how the seat looks and feels.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TalBev12. Show TalBev12's posts

I have been researching convertible car seats for 2 months now as my 9 month old daughter is growing leaps and bounds and soon (pretty much already is) too long for her Graco Safe Seat. I just know that whatever I pick will be the wrong one. I think that I want an evenflo triumph dlx. Most of the reviews I read have been favorable, but the negative ones stated that the lap buckle is too tight and my baby girl has chunky thighs. Has anyone purchased an evenflo triumph out there, who can give me some feedback? Also, anyone who wants to boast about another car seat is welcome too...I am just so overwhelmed with all the choices. TIA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I love our Britax Marathon. Yes, they are very expensive but they are easy to use and are best rated for cars with out latch. Neither of our cars have Latch. DH has a "toriva" car seat in his car and it will not work in my car. The seat belts don't get tight enough in my car. The britax has clips that hold the seat belt as well as the car restraint so that was a good feature for us.