Daylight savings: Losing an hour of sleep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Daylight savings: Losing an hour of sleep

This weekend is Daylight Savings, which means we are losing a precious hour of sleep.
    But sometimes the night just can't go by fast enough. Check out these reasons why you might want to lose an hour of sleep.
    And feel free to add your own here in this thread.

http://www.boston.com/community/moms/gallery/daylight_savings/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Daylight savings: Losing an hour of sleep

I think the article was meant to be funny, but I agree with some-guy.  I personally am hoping we can stick with the 7:30 bedtime for our toddler but reap the benefits of a 7am wake up!

I don't see it as losing an hour of sleep anyway - I see it as losing an hour of my weekend.  I personally think daylight savings should kick in at 2pm on a weekday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gpoulos. Show gpoulos's posts

If you were planning to go to bed at 3AM (or later) then you actually GAIN an hour of sleep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gpoulos. Show gpoulos's posts

In Response to Re: Daylight savings: Losing an hour of sleep:
    [QUOTE]If you were planning to go to bed at 3AM (or later) then you actually GAIN an hour of sleep.
    Posted by gpoulos[/QUOTE]

Or you lose an hour of awakeness; however you want to look at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Fall is worse because everyone else is going on and on about how great it is to gain an hour and all the parent of a young child gains is another hour of fussiness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

On either end, it's one weird day, then everyone adapts.  Aside from having a change overnight from light to dark or vice versa during a commute on Monday, which is kind of distracting, we've never had a major problem with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IMO. Show IMO's posts

I don't mind losing an hour of sleep, because I won't!!. I'll sleep as long as I need on Sunday anyway). I am thrilled about getting back an extra hour of daylight! Having more daylight in the evening makes me feel more productive. And I can walk without a flashlight until 7, and think about warmer days coming. I love Spring Daylight Savings!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IMO. Show IMO's posts

Oh.. and Moms have kids of all ages. Mine are 13 and 15 and  having the extra daylight makes the older kids happy, too. They won't miss that first hour of sleep because they will be jazzed about being able to be outside longer in the evening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just saw on the news this morning that the incidence of car accidents goes up for the full week after the time changes, and it disturbs sleep for a full 5 days for adults.  They didn't mention kids, but if it takes more than a couple of days to adjust in your household you're in good, large company.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWF2. Show NEWF2's posts

nothing could be better while I am waiting for my girl to come home..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakeguy. Show lakeguy's posts

In Response to Daylight savings: Losing an hour of sleep:
    [QUOTE]This weekend is Daylight Savings, which means we are losing a precious hour of sleep. But sometimes the night just can't go by fast enough. Check out these reasons why you might want to lose an hour of sleep. And feel free to add your own here in this thread. http://www.boston.com/community/moms/gallery/daylight_savings/
    Posted by BDCKristi[/QUOTE]

Ideally I would have slept through reading on a noted news site about Daylight "SavingS" as opposed to the correct term, Daylight Saving time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

is that you that_guy?  I've missed you.

Sections
Shortcuts