Dishwasher wars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Dishwasher wars

This story made me laugh: http://bo.st/rSAsrR
    How about you?
    Do you like other people loading your dishwasher?
    I, for one, am thrilled with the help and I don't care how they load it.
    Well, I take that back. I have one pet peeve -- not taking the valves out of the sippy cups.

This story reminded me of the time I was visiting someone and thought I'd help load the dishwasher after eating. That person hovered near me and then went in and redid the utensils. She separated all the forks and spoons and knives and put them back in. She wanted them placed together. We had a laugh about it and I quietly stepped away from the dishwasher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Dishwasher wars

I get more annoyed when my DH will spend 30 minutes rearranging the dirty dishes in the dishwasher to fit the one slightly dirty dish/pan rather than just WASH THE DARN THING.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

If someone loads my dishwasher for me, especially after a big meal, I'm happy about it.  If I am over someone else's house and I'm trying to be helpful I usually ask what their preferences are (segregated/integrated silverware, etc.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

This is too funny!
    I do prefer to load my dishwasher by myself. I can arrange and load 3 times as much as some other person can. Even DH gave up. If someone "helps" me, I will restack and rearrange everything, and they are usually amazed, how much more I can load in there. It all come down to practise.
    If you really want to help me, just clean the table and bring the dishes to me. My DW doesn't even need to have the dishes rinsed, except of course for the the larger scraps - like bones. One thing I truly dislike is unloading it.
    - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

DH throws things in the dishwasher and half the time they aren't even placed between the things that stick up (don't know the name). It drives me nuts! Also, I can't stand when he puts ALL of the silverware in ONE section! I, myself like to spread it out. I am sort of picky about loading, but HATE unloading!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: Dishwasher wars:
    [QUOTE]I get more annoyed when my DH will spend 30 minutes rearranging the dirty dishes in the dishwasher to fit the one slightly dirty dish/pan rather than just WASH THE DARN THING.
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]

Poppy, my DH does the EXACT same thing. Drives me crazy! We got a new samsung DW and I hate it. Nothing fits in the provided spaces, w/o forcing them in. I just let DH do all the loading now since he is going to redo all my hard work anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Dishwasher wars:
    [QUOTE]This story reminded me of the time I was visiting someone and thought I'd help load the dishwasher after eating. That person hovered near me and then went in and redid the utensils. She separated all the forks and spoons and knives and put them back in. She wanted them placed together. We had a laugh about it and I quietly stepped away from the dishwasher.
    Posted by BDCKristi[/QUOTE]
    And you never loaded my dishwasher again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Hahahhaah! I promise I'll never do it again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

I could care less how the dishwaser is loaded.  It annoys me when someone else unloads the dishwasher and puts things away in the wrong place. 

It annoys me more that DH just leaves a pile on the counter of things he doesn't know where to put.  We've lived here for over 3 years and I'm talking about regularly used items like tupperware and mixing bowls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

dz - DH does the same thing!!  Gee I wonder if that pot goes in the cabinet with all of the other pots?

I am a control freak, so yes I do rearrange things if DH puts them in the "wrong" place.