Do you eat while you shop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Do you eat while you shop?

In Response to Re: Do you eat while you shop?:
    [QUOTE]Come on, kar, if he has time to do all that, then I guess its only natural to think he'd be able to slice his own apples.   
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, when you put it that way, maybe I am a poor, submissive creature who should stand up and throw the apples HE GREW at him whole as he trudges off to work every morning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How do you keep the slices from browning? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]How do you keep the slices from browning? 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

You could brush them w/ lemon juice. I find that if I buy Gala or Fuji apples, and put them in a ziplock right after I slice, they just don't get very brown. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Usually I just bring one to work and cut it when I want it.  But I do like Fuji apples, so maybe next time I'll try those.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't try to keep them from browning - they hardly brown at all in a few hours, and it doesn't change the taste. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I feel a weird sense of pride that the whole apple thing happened because I happened to use it as an example.  If I'd used peaches who knows where we would have ended up! Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok, I won't eat a browned apple, which is why I cut it before I eat it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Lissa, I actually de-skin and cut up peaches for my kids sometimes.  And yeah, sometimes my husband eats them too.  More messy.  And they don't seem to have one of those fandangled peach peeler/slicer things on the market that I know of.  

Ample samples do make me happy.  

I did hear that some people like to brush apple slices with pineapple juice instead of lemon because they don't like the lemony taste it leaves on the apples.  

Kar--your dog gets quite the walk every week!  15 miles!!!   What does your husband do in the winter?  He must be slacking.  Foot in mouth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isabellac3017. Show isabellac3017's posts

RDG,

You are getting on my last nerve.  You need to learn to temper your
    jealousy.  It's not becoming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I tried to redirect this thread, but apparently it didn't work. Before we all finish slicing our apples, our brains will have turned into applesauce. LOL

Re: Apples turning brown. Most varieties don't in just a few hours. I put mine (well, um! DH's) in a small tupperware, so they don't get crushed. I find they stay better that way compared to a zip lock bag.

Re: Lazy husbands. How does anyone, who doesn't know us or our husbands,  dare to call our husbands lazy. That's beyond me. Are we talking 'sour grapes' here? My DH works 10 - 12 hours a day. Often weekends too. And he still does things for me, I easily could do by myself. Like pumping gas. I never have to fill my car, when he is around; he takes my car and fill it for me.  Yahoo - there I said it. Now please don't start another avalanche about, who should pump gas or who should not. He has been doing that for decades, and it ain't going to change.

lissa: If I'd used peaches who knows where we would have ended up!
    --- in the pits.

- Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

lissa: If I'd used peaches who knows where we would have ended up!
    --- in the pits.

- Pingo

Awesome come back Pingo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lissafro (ETA:  Oops, Lostgrouse, sorry!), I know you were talking about slacking in the winter totally tongue in cheek (love your comments, by the way!), but honest to goodness he takes her cross country skiing all winter.  (The 15 miles is divided between Sat and Sun.)  I am the lazy one who stays home and tends the wood stove, lol.

Thanks for everyone's positive comments about our little OT debate about the validity of my life. :)

I love that your hubby pumps your gas, Pingo - DH does when we're in the car together, too.  It's not ever going to cross his mind to say, "It's your turn, Honey."  LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

lissa: If I'd used peaches who knows where we would have ended up!
    --- in the pits. --

ha!  We got there anyway!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lostgrouse, my comment above was really to you, and I misattributed it to lissafro, sorry!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

That was me about the winter Kar.  That's awesome about getting out there so much in the winter.  That's like me going to work on Saturdays during tax season and my husband stays home with the kids.  He's out there with them dragging them around on sleds until he's sweating bullets.  
    Wait.. did I just say that?  My husband STAYS HOME WITH THE KIDS WHILE I WORK???!!!!!!!!!   Oh my goodness... worlds are colliding here.  Good thing that we don't have any Judgy Mcjudgersons on this board or anything.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Oh good.  I was afraid that you liked Lissa's comments and not mine.  Wink  I'm feeling particularly punchy today.  

Oh, off I go to drive down to where my husband works to pick him up so that he can drop his car off at the mechanic.  Really, I shouldn't bother helping him out.  He can do it himself.  Lazy husband!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Oh good.  I was afraid that you liked Lissa's comments and not mine.     I'm feeling particularly punchy today.   Oh, off I go to drive down to where my husband works to pick him up so that he can drop his car off at the mechanic.  Really, I shouldn't bother helping him out.  He can do it himself.  Lazy husband!
    Posted by Lostgrouse[/QUOTE]

OMG, make him THUMB rides, that will make you progressive and a freer, happier person.

I totally laughed at your "liked Lissa's comments, not mine". :D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My DH will pump my gas if we are in the car together as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

[QUOTE]My DH will pump my gas if we are in the car together as well.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't pump my own gas, so if I'm low and don't get to the full servce station, my DH will take my car to get gas for me, lol.

This thread has gone in so many directions!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ha, Princess - at least we finally got somewhere. Wives may cut apples for their husbands and husbands may pump gas for their wives, if they feel like doing so and w/o feeling a bit submissive. Yea, it's a wonderful world. - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you eat while you shop? : Well, I don't pump my own gas, so if I'm low and don't get to the full servce station, my DH will take my car to get gas for me, lol. This thread has gone in so many directions!
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

[QUOTE]I certainly don't want to raise my index finger here
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]
    It would be totally out of character

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Redsoxfan76. Show Redsoxfan76's posts

Lost - we must be neighbors. I live right near Cirelli's too. Missed the going out of business sale! Bummer about it being another warehouse and not an actual TJ's. But I am also psyched about Trucchi's. I sometimes go to the one in Taunton when I go to the Target near there. And the S & S that closed was terrible. I like Roche Bros in our area (Bridgewater) too for produce but they are so expensive and their selection of other groceries is a little weak. So I usually go to the Hannaford in Middleboro.

It's amazing that for having SO many grocery stores near us (there's also the Super S & S, Shaws and Walmart on 44) that they couldn't throw us a bone with a whole foods or a TJs! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks! Our family still enjoy your slow cooker ribs recipe - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you eat while you shop? : It would be totally out of character
    Posted by lemonmelon[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

RS--We are neighbors!  I also usually go to the Hannaford in Middleboro.  Maybe you'll see me there driving the god awful oversized car cart with 2 kids eating everything in sight.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Wishing I could "like" your latest post, Lostgrouse :)

Sections
Shortcuts