Do you eat while you shop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Do you eat while you shop?

No, I don't agree with you.  I think the arrest was not of line, I think it was entirely appropriate. My guess is that when confronted, these people probably put up a fuss and made it escalate, which is why they were not just given the talking to by the police, allowed to pay it back, and get on with their day.
    ----

Why do you want toddlers separated from their parents?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Pingo, kar, et. al. - Whether or not you are aware of of it, you are submissives in your marriages. Please read the Domestic Discipline Website. You might not be spanked, but you surely do slave to your lazy husbands who can't be bothered to slice an apple. Give your DHs this for the holidays:

RED Dial-A-Slice Apple Slicer

And Kar, in spite of your academic/career background, not everything can be reduced to stats, spreadsheets and computer programs.

Happy anniversary. I hope your bees and hives survived the storm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

How do know they aren't spanked?  After being fed peeled grapes by an adoring husband? 

If being a 'submissive' in my marriage means that I get to be happily married rather than peevishly single, I'll take being submissive any day. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Do you eat while you shop?:
    How do know they aren't spanked?  After being fed peeled grapes by an adoring husband?  If being a 'submissive' in my marriage means that I get to be happily married rather than peevishly single, I'll take being submissive any day. 
    Posted by ALF72

Keep slicing, Alf. Apples, that is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Wow, RG when did this turn into a personal vendetta?  I guess I must also fall into the submissive category in my marriage because I do nice things for my husband.  Heck, I would even press down on that apple slicer for him.  Ah, the injustice of it all.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think that "not rembering" to pay for something sends a bad message to your children.  Maybe their arrest will now make them aware as to what they did.  Yes, I was pregnant, and I either had snacks with me or would pay for something before consuming it.  I worked at a supermarket for 7 years and you have no idea how many people I have seen "stealing" items before they were paid for.  That kind of stuff can make a department have a bad inventory, in which someone could loose their job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo, kar, et. al. - Whether or not you are aware of of it, you are submissives in your marriages. Please read the Domestic Discipline Website. You might not be spanked, but you surely do slave to your lazy husbands who can't be bothered to slice an apple. Give your DHs this for the holidays: And Kar, in spite of your academic/career background, not everything can be reduced to stats, spreadsheets and computer programs. Happy anniversary. I hope your bees and hives survived the storm.
    Posted by reindeergirl

This is of course a ridiculous post that it purely meant to stir the pot.  RDG - are you married?  I think not and perhaps you shouldn't post about other people's marriages.

My DH is the hardest working person I have ever met. He does more for me that I could even list.  Ya know what -I have, on more than one occasion, cut his meat for him because he was in a rush.  Ooooh - that must make me "submissive."  Lol - what a joke.  I agree w/Pingo, you are a man-hater.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG - RDG! With this post of yours, I change my latest comment to you: -- Your comments on this thread sounds like you don't like men very much. So sad. ---

to this: I feel sorry for you, that you hate men so much.

And  btw. if this is what being happily married is like - I absolutely love being 'submissive'.

This thread went completely off track. Let's get back to the original question: Do you eat while you shop? - Pingo

Pingo, kar, et. al. - Whether or not you are aware of of it, you are submissives in your marriages. Please read the Domestic Discipline Website. You might not be spanked, but you surely do slave to your lazy husbands who can't be bothered to slice an apple. Give your DHs this for the holidays: And Kar, in spite of your academic/career background, not everything can be reduced to stats, spreadsheets and computer programs. Happy anniversary. I hope your bees and hives survived the storm.
    Posted by reindeergirl

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

RedSox--I heard that the old Cirelli's was turning into the new TJ warehouse.  No actual store.  That bums me to no end... just the fact that it's 10 minutes from my house and it's just a warehouse.  I keep thinking that if we're good enough for a warehouse shouldn't we be good enough for a store? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Oh and if there were a TJ store near me I would totally eat while I shop there.  However, I only eat the samples there because they have ample samples.  

Thanks for the redirect Pingo.  

Now take a look at this one:   It's not a good week to be a grocery store. First, a Safeway in Honolulu got raked over the coals for arresting a pregnant woman who ate a sandwich while shopping and forgot to pay for it. Now, a woman in Portland says a Save-a-Lot wouldn't let her buy groceries using coins. KATU reports that the woman said she "had nothing to feed our children with. So we broke out the change"—$32 in quarters, she says. "And when I went up, I told them, you know ‘I have change. Sorry, it’s hard times right now.’ And they go, 'well we can only accept $5'" worth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

All I can say is to each their own.  It's nobody's business what a couple decides to do.  I'm not sure I would slice apples if I were asked, unless I was slicing some for myself. But that's just me, and what works in our relationship.  I work more hours than my DH does sometimes, so I expect and receive some help. My DH doesn't bring lunches to work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Oh and Redsox--did you hear that there's a new Trucchis going in where the old Middleboro Stop & Shop was?  I'm looking forward to that.  It's supposed to open in January/February.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

I've never known a store to turn down quarters. It's not like pennies or nickels that would take a long time to count. That's silly. I keep a coin jar at work and I've raided it to buy lunch if I've forgotten to hit the ATM.

ETA: The cashiers are usually happy that I'm not handing them yet-another $20 to break. By the end of the lunch hour, they run low on smaller bills. lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

I won't show my husband this thread about everyone cutting their husbands' apples.  My poor guy is out of the house 12 hours a day, and continues to work on the couch next to me most nights.  I don't even work and he is thankful when I remember to buy the Trader Joe's oatmeal packets and extra loaf of bread and peanut butter for him to keep at the office for when he's too busy to buy lunch. I guess it's all about expectations.  LOL   He knew when he married me that that the Italian housewife gene that is so dominant in my grandmother and mother did not get passed on to me. ;)

Reminds me of almost 20 years ago when we were just out of college and not yet married we stayed with my grandparents in Florida for a few days. She was mortified when she saw him ironing his shirt and told me I was awful to let the poor guy do that.  Even he laughed!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Michelle I want to "like" your post.  I don't iron unless absolutely necessary.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

KATU reports that the woman said she "had nothing to feed our children with. So we broke out the change"—$32 in quarters, she says. "And when I went up, I told them, you know ‘I have change. Sorry, it’s hard times right now.’ And they go, 'well we can only accept $5'" worth.
    ----

The law is not on the market's side, it's on the shopper's. The law requires stores to accept coins, period, even if it's all in pennies, and if the shopper has no malintent.

However, stores do not have to accept $100 bills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

And yes, I would grab a cold beverage when I was preggers, and I always paid for it on the way out.

I certainly would not call the police, especially since the parents in the HI case offered to pay for their sandwiches. And if I were the arresting officer, I would certainly use my right to discretion regarding the arrests - take one parent or no parent, so the child wasn't send into that void of childrens's services.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

FTR, Pingo - I adore men.

But I don't understand why a young woman with no children at home would choose to be a FT housewife. Or slice the apples, for a wife of any age, even yours, Pingo.

Have a good day, and enjoy the journey. Be sure to post more pics of cookies and crisps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

"But I don't understand why a young woman with no children at home would choose to be a FT housewife. Or slice the apples, for a wife of any age, even yours, Pingo."

Again it isn't you to decide how someone lives their life.  While I would never do it, it doesn't mean someone else can't make a decision that works for them.

ETA:  I have a child and was laid off for almost a year when he was 2 and I couldn't stand being at home.  It wasn't that I didn't adore taking care of my son, I was bored after all the housework was done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If the couple can afford to have one spouse stay at home [w/ or w/o kids] and it makes them both happy to have that arrangement, then what is the problem?  You may not like to cook and clean, but other, including me, do.  I was a SAHW, with no kids, for close to 2 years after I got married.  My DH is military and we moved to a state where i was not licensed. We've since moved again and I am licensed to work where we are, so I am working.  I fully anticipate moving again in the near future and there is no guarantee that I will be able to work in my field in the new location.  If so, I'll stay home and be a housewife - or in your world 'play slave' - happily.  It works for us and we can afford to do so.  Who cares? It doesn't matter to anyone but us. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

"But I don't understand why a young woman with no children at home would choose to be a FT housewife."

Why this is any of your concern I'm not sure, but I'll just say, as I've said before, that I envy Kar's lifestyle. Being a SAHW/SAHM is my dream job.  DH and I can't afford it and most likely never will be able to and I'm okay with that.  If it was an option for us I would be at home in a minute.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

RDG, you're telling me that the man who built and maintains everything to do with the house and 7 acres of property including apple, pear, and peach trees that he planted, a gigantic garden, taking trees down, chopping, and stacking them for years' worth of firewood, pruning all the berry patches, mowing the lawn, shoveling and plowing all the snow, doing all the tending of the garden, picking and washing the produce, walking the dog for 15 miles a week, installing all things secure - a security system, a metal gate blocking off the back yard (pictured below), building all things himself - front patio, back patio, granite lamp posts, etc., installing drainage for the garden, re-laying heaved front patio sections, tending the bees, countless things with the tractor and bull dozer I'm not even aware of because, um, I don't have to worry about any of it, updating and improving the inside of our home (paint, installed wainscoting, refinished the floors...), and working and commuting 60 hours a week, is LAZY because I cut his apples up because he likes them that way?  

Anyone agree that this is a lazy man (note the bee smoker and white beekeeper suit he'd been using that day in the foreground and the black walnut tree he planted in the background in the lower level of the lawn that he terraced by himself)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

However, I only eat the samples there because they have ample samples.

Ample samples.  Ample samples.  Ample samples.
    It's one of those phrases where if you keep saying it, the words start to sound all weird and don't make sense!  Fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Come on, kar, if he has time to do all that, then I guess its only natural to think he'd be able to slice his own apples.  Wink 

Sections
Shortcuts