Eating your placenta

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Eating your placenta

In Response to Re: Eating your placenta:
    [QUOTE]On second thought, maybe the next over the top trend will be that to be a good mom, you will have to breathe for the kid.  They'll all be going around getting mouth-to-mouth all day and you'll have to wean them onto atmospheric air "when they show the four signs of readiness" and people will panic about getting them air-trained in time for preschool, not to mention the articles about mom trying to breathe for Toddler and newborn at the same time. Or Mom Diapers (Mompers) so you never have to leave the kid alone to use the bathroom. We should start a betting pool on this--what form will the next round of craziness take?
    Posted by purplecow89[/QUOTE]

OMG, purplecow, coffee almost shot out my nose.  Thank you so much for both of those posts...especially this one.  Seriously hilarious, oxymoron intended.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eating your placenta : OMG, purplecow, coffee almost shot out my nose.  Thank you so much for both of those posts...especially this one.   Seriously hilarious , oxymoron intended.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I wish there were a "like" button for posts like purplcows!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eating your placenta : I wish there were a "like" button for posts like purplcows!
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

Better yet a "love".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just was listening to a segment yesterday on the "Helicopter Parent" phenomenon going on today - great cartoon, ambergirl.  Too bad it's not really funny...it's too true.  The segment was kicked off by a story out of Colorado in which an annual Easter egg hunt that has been held successfully for many years had to be cancelled this year because of the Helicopter Parents who jumped the rope in a throng last year to help their kids - they ruined it completely.  If a rope can't keep them out, what do you do?  Hire egg hunt bouncers?  ("Kids only, Ma'am.  Sir, stay behind the rope, please.  Your kids have helmets on - they really can run around and look for eggs by themse.....GET BEHIND THE ROPE.  That's it, you're done.  Get your kids, put their leashes back on and get out.")  Yeah, I guess it's better they just cancelled it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I read that story Kar and didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Same with sports. DD was in softball, basketball and soccer.  Never did I act the way parents do today.  Don't get it at all...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I wouldn't imagine that you would, ambergirl - you have common sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I find some of it amusing really and most of these helicopter parents are older. Women in their 40s with younger kids.  I may not let my son play Halo or go see Hunger Games at 11.5, but I encourage him to play sports and be as active as I was allowed to be. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I think you have something there Winter. I was 26 when I had DD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

In response to "Re: Eating your placenta": [QUOTE]I find some of it amusing really and most of these helicopter parents are older. Women in their 40s with younger kids.  I may not let my son play Halo or go see Hunger Games at 11.5, but I encourage him to play sports and be as active as I was allowed to be.  Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE] Ummm, Winter and Amber--you do realize that this is a public message board correct? There are a number of us moms of young children who are in our late 30's and early 40's. I find your tone in this discussion really condescending and judgmental. Not all older moms are helicopter parents and not all helicopter parents are older parents, thank you. This is supposed to be a supportive community for moms to share their experiences, not a place to be grossly stereotyped.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kiwi, I didn't say they all were that just the ones I have seen in my experience where in their 40s.  I am 40.  Yes it's a public forum where everyone is allowed and able to share their feelings and opinions.  If I offended you I'm sorry, but I too am allowed to voice my opinion.  I am after all a Boston mom.  I was 28 when I had my son and one of my best friends in his her 40's with two small children. 

ETA:  I've been stereotyped here before and I didn't complain, it's a public forum. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am never on here.  The subject matter was interesting enough for me to come here.  I could care less how old someone is but I do believe and stand by my thought that older moms are more helicopter like.  I think because they are older and more cautious.  We all get that way when we age.  Not insulting at all.  I apologize if you took it that way. But you really didn't have to get that mad. It's ok, everyone has different opinions.  Hense the public forum.  Have a good day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think, by definition, a gross stereotype doesn't start off with "in my experience" which was obviously implied.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

What do helicopter parents have to do with eating your placenta?  Anyway...

The theory I heard is that there are more helicopter parents these days because people tend to have less children.  In the old days, you'd have like 5 kids and, therefore, there'd be a better chance you'd have at least one good, successful one.  Whereas, these days, people tend to have only 1 or 2 kids and because of this feel the need to really get in there and give the child(ren) everything they need to be successful, often to a fault.  

And so I guess that's why they eat their placenta, to give them the energy to make their kids successful.  Ha.