Family car

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Family car

I will be looking for a good used family car.  I will need it to fit 2 car seats and 2 booster seats and be comfortable for tall adults.  Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

Re: Family car

Honda Odyssey!  You will not regret it.  I drove two of them, for a total of 9 years and loved it! Even the third row is comfortable for adults, and you can fit all of those seats in there easily.  Even with the third row up, you can still fit lots of stuff in the back.  If you're not using the third row, it folds completely flat into the floor.  

One of the best things are the sliding doors.  You can have your hands full when your coming or going and be able to control the doors with the push of a button.  My kids are 7 and 9 now, and we are down to one booster seat, so I just got rid of my van for a new Acura SUV three weeks ago.  I love the Acura.  It drives beautifully, and I feel more "hip", but I really miss my van, for all of the reasons I've stated above, as does my 7 year old.:(    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

I second the Odyssey.  It's been great for us!  My kids are 8, 7, 4 & 3, so we still have booster seats and car seats for the younger three.  My husband is 6'2" and is very comfortable.  I second all the things Michelle said....

Prior to this car, we had a Honda Pilot.  We had the three girls in the middle, and our son was in the back.  While I loved the car, it was tough to get him into his seat, and the poor thing was always surrounded by gear whenever we went on a trip.  The Odyssey is so much better.

I know many people are also fans of their SUVs, but I love the minivan -- the sliding doors have been great when juggling hand-holding, groceries, bags, gear, infant seats, etc.  It also drives fantastically!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I'm a big fan of CarTalk on NPR. They have a website that can help recommend a car based on numerous preferences, The link is posted below.
    http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/auto/inputSummary.do
    It only recommends new cars, but you can get a used car of the same Make/model if it recommends something you are interested in.

Sections
Shortcuts