Father's Day Gift Ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Father's Day Gift Ideas

My DH took DD (3yo) and DS (22 months) to one of those plaster places and had them paint me a platter with their handprints as a mother's day gift.  It was a creative and sentimental gift that I loved. 

How on earth can I top that for him for father's day?  Any ideas?  Anything you've done with your kids or friends of yours have done with their kids? 

TIA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Father's Day Gift Ideas

Beer. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I got my DH a mug with a pic of him with DD on i, when DD was a baby. He uses it all the time, loves it.

And I am SO IMPRESSED that your DH took both kids to a plaster place! I cannot imagine my DH feeling brave enough to do that. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I saw an idea on Pinterest of putting your baby's handprint on a baseball and making it into an ornament.  My DH is a baseball coach and it's his favorite sport so I figured that was a good option for him and something he'll be able to put on the tree each year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newcarsmelly. Show newcarsmelly's posts

For DH 1st Father's day I had some of the professional pix we had done of our DD printed and framed them in nice matching frames for his office. He loved it and now requests updated pix for the frames. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Now that our eldest is old enough, DH and I have started to focus our gift-giving on the idea of training the kids to get gifts for us (with opposite parent's help), with the goal of hopefully having them do it themselves one day.  This leads to a lot of toy shopping, which is fine with DH.  For Christmas/Hanukkah DD chose this superawesome helicopter launching thing that goes so far they have to go to the park and get far away from trees so they don't lose it.  They both love it.  I will be taking the girls to choose something from the toy section that DH will enjoy and at least DD#1 can play with too (legos or a puzzle something similar).  We'll probably go out to eat too, DH's choice.

The toy option is nice because it leads to fun times for them to play together, especially when it's something that requires batteries/assembly.  DD#1 and DH are extremely similar in personalities and both really enjoy activities that require patience and sitting.  I find puzzles tedious but those two can sit and assemble puzzles for hours. literally hours.  It's weird.  DD#2 is showing signs of being a lot more like me.  We'll see how it goes when she's older and planning activities for them :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Just took DS to get his gift for DH last night-DS decide a lego set was exactly what DH wanted! LOL. It matches the one I got for mother's day. And honestly, it was hte best mother's day gift ever! DS and I spent hours together just talking and assembling the sets (it was over 600 piece) and we just had so much fun.

From DD I'll probably get DH a GC to Best buy or something-DH needs a new cell phone...so I'm sure it will come in handy then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Thanks all for the suggestions (Poppy: I was very impressed too!  I never would have attempted that!)

I found a couple of great ideas on pinterest and I think I'll try this one (below) where I do a series of 3 pics with them holding an "A" and a "D" and arranging them as a series in a 3 pic frame.  I just hope I can get the kids to semi-pose! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Cute ideas!  Trouble, I really like that one!

Father's Day is soon after DH's bday, so it seems like I end up doing something more sentimental for his bday and then something not-so-sentimental for Father's Day.  This year I was planning to get him a Bruins grill cover, but I might have to go cheap and just get a plain one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

How cute is this?? http://crappypictures.com/happy-fathers-day/

I've watched it three times and giggled every time.

Sections
Shortcuts