Fitness Club Babysitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Fitness Club Babysitting

I'm dying to get myself some exercise and am thinking about joining a local fitness club, but I'm nervous that DD (16 months) is going to freak out and cry if I try to drop her off in a room with people she doesn't know.

Anyone do this with success - especially at this age?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Re: Fitness Club Babysitting

I go to the YMCA, they have great playrooms. My DD did cry when we first started going (she was about that age, maybe a month or two younger), but eventually she got better, and now she is excited to go to the playroom. The Y has a policy where they come get you if your LO cries for more than 20 minutes. The first few times we went, they came and got me becasue she was crying, but even though she would still cry when I left her, she apparently stopped after a few minutes after that, since they didn't need to get me often after that (once when she drank all her water and was thirsty, and one other time she just wasn't having it). We've been going for about a year now, and it isn't a problem at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Fitness Club Babysitting

What should happen in a quality child care program is that the staff of the drop in care should invite you to bring your child in for a couple of visits..with you...before simply leaving her. This gives her the opportunity to transition to a new environment and new people. If the child care program will not let you do this..then you should be very wary of leaving her there.

Sections
Shortcuts