Gifts for 10 and 13 year old girls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Gifts for 10 and 13 year old girls

What about GC to amazon.com? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

A GC to either Claires or the Icing is usually a good bet for a 13 year old. 

Also, Bath and Body Works is a pretty safe bet.  They have some cute gift sets that would be work and I'm pretty sure they are doing their Annual Sale right now so you could probably find some sale items.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was into purses then.  Not coach, mind you, just colorful ones.  Vera Bradley has a great selection of pretty, fun, colorful prints, and the smaller ones are not expensive at all imo.  You can pair it with purse sized goodies from Bath and Body Works like clc suggested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I'd watch out when picking "personal" gifts for girls in the pre-teen age, like a purse or something they have to wear.  I THOUGHT I knew my younger cousin and got her just a simple zip up sweatshirt from the gap, only to find out that she's in her grunge stage and would NEVER wear something from the gap!  She also had streaks of blue in her hair.. 
       Anyways, I'd def. go for the gift certificate route...or something like bath and body works like suggested. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Maybe a cool box, for jewelry or whatever? Maybe a  not so expensive, but interesting bracelet. I Tunes gift cards usually are a hit. Art kits, like the stained glass coloring books are things this age kids like.bg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

My 10 year old niece loves anything crafty.  Itunes GC's are always a hit with all my nieces and nephews.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

My stepdaughter definitely prefers gc's and she is about to be 12 in two weeks.  Whether they are to itunes or like an american express one with no fees that she can use anywhere. I'd definitely say try to stay away from something personal if you don't know them well...there is no way anyone who doesn't really know my stepdaughter and her eclectic ways would ever be able to pick out something she likes and I think that is pretty true for most girls that age. These days girls all have their own personal styles.  Also teaching 5th grade I see how days of when there was something all girls liked or were into are pretty much gone.  

If you're not comfortable with gc's is there someone in your family who knows the girls and could tell you about their style and what they like?  For example do they have a wii at home...you could get them a game or something.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

Could you offer to take them shopping and let them pick something out (with limits of acceptability and cost) such as going to Claire's, bookstore, craft store, etc.  and go for lunch or a treat after?  Then you've got a gift and an activity and can spend some time with them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I feel like your extended family is constantly extorting gifts from you!

What about a couple of sketchbooks and colored pencils? Doesn't every teenaged girl fancy herself an artist? I sure did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! Lemon - sometimes it feels that way!  No, these girls are very sweet and I'm sure they don't expect anything, but I know their mom will get me about 12 things I'll never use (she does every year.  She's only a few years older than me, but our tastes could not be more different.)  So I do want to pick something up for the girls (and I should probably get something for mom, I guess).

They're here for 2 days from Chicago and I haven't talked to my aunt (who might know their tastes) and must get the gifts today as I am only seeing them tomorrow.  I like the crafty ideas - I think I remember they recently handmade a bunch of gifts for my cousins.  Or giftcards - I suppose I could get a couple of generic ones.  I also like the pretty box idea...

Thanks everyone - I'll be keeping all of these things in mind as I go out shopping today!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

This might be a little young for the 13 yo, but I got my cousin's daughter a messenger bag that she could decorate herself. Got it at Target in by the crayon supplies. She loved it! Get's to personalize the bag exactly the way she wants.

Other wise I'd go for the GC in any amount you feel comfortable.