glass baby bottles?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

glass baby bottles?

We bought the evenflo glass bottles and although our baby isn't due until July, we already had an accident with a bottle and it really did shatter into quite a few small pieces.  I didn't know that they had sleeves for those bottles but I'm certainly going to look for them now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

glass baby bottles?

Do any of you use glass bottles?  Have they ever broken, and if so what kind of a mess does it make? Does it shatter into microscopic shards or just into a few big pieces that are easy to clean up?

I direct a childcare center and we now have 3 infants using glass bottles.  I am a bit worried that they'll be dropped and broken.  But I also want to support our parents in their concerns regarding BPA and plastic bottles.  And I might be making a mountain out of a molehill if they don't break easily.

Also, I've researched silicone sleeves and they would fit the evenflo or gerber bottles (the traditional narrow shape) but not the incredibly wide Born Free bottles.  Anyone found any silicone sleeves that fit the Born Free bottles?  Our bottles are only warmed in a crockpot with warm water (never microwaved) so they get wet and therefore slippery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620. Show ml2620's posts

glass baby bottles?

I'm not a mom, but I've been buying siliskin baby bottles as baby gifts (and believe me, everyone but me is having a baby lately!) and they have been a huge, huge hit with the parents, most of whom have purchased more. It's a silicone sleeve that fits over the baby bottle and keeps the bottles from shattering if dropped, and are also easier to hold. 

http://silikids.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=Siliskin_8oz&Category_Code

Sections
Shortcuts