Hello all!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Hello all!

Hi there. I'm the mom of a 4 year old and 2 year old and am the new producer for this site. Mom forums have been incredibly helpful to me over the years as I've dealt with TTC, pregnancy and parenting. I've met some wonderful moms (and dads). I am excited to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you.
    Oh and feel free to give me feedback about the moms site and forums. Have a good day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Hello all!

Hi, Kristi,

Why are the dads in parentheses?  Of course, more moms than dads post, but why not call the section "Parents?"  We've brought this up before, but it fell on deaf ears.  I hope you'll consider changing it.

GL in your new position!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Welcome!
    Can you please get someone to fix Boston Moms for Google Chrome? Ever since the Globe split from Boston.com the forums have looked totally messed up on chrome, if they even work at all.

Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

They're all messed up for lots of people.  I can see them on my Mac, but not my PC.  Just a bunch of links that go nowhere.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Hello all!:
    [QUOTE]They're all messed up for lots of people.  I can see them on my Mac, but not my PC.  Just a bunch of links that go nowhere.  
    Posted by GC1016[/QUOTE]
    I can see them at home but not at work. Weirdness.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

It works!

kristi, are you in charge of the forums or the entire moms site?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I use Chrome and haven't had a problem at all.  The BDC forums software is the quirkiest I've ever experienced!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

It's really hit or miss.  Kristi, I would like the ability to like posts like they have on other forums.  I would also like more content over here -- I know it was summer, but there was about three weeks where the links on the main page were just the same thing.  I think it's really nice that BDC supports local bloggers, but I think we could have maybe a few fewer links to parenting blogs and more to resources around town, news & events, that kind of thing.  Also, it would be nifty if the "last updated" information on the Most Recent Discussions worked consistently.  The count is usually correct, but the "last updated by name is usually a few hours out of date. 

I also think it would be nice if BDC would push out a banner when you're going to make changes to the page/navigation. 

And for the love of God and all that is decent and holy, please stop linking to Mom's topics from whatever troll-gateway/main page you guys link our posts to.  This is generally a happy, productive place and that just kills the whole thing (witness the BF thread).  It's the internet, it's a free country, I get it, but must we set up a neon blinky sign to light the internet trolls' way? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Unless it's Friday, then link away.  Trolls are Good Friday Fun. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Kristi, welcome, sorry if it seems like you are getting a to do list right away, but honestly, the globe should do a story about us! I know so many of these women from the wedding boards and we have "graduated" to TTC, Pregnancy and now babies. It's a real, genuine and special community.

My cousin is now planning a wedding and I was so bummed the wedding boards aren't what the once were and she won't have quite the same community I had.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I agree with ml! This board is definitely unique in that we've really "grown" together and even have made a few "real life" friends from these boards.

I also second the "like" feature - at the very least we need that option for Lemon's posts. :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Hi Kristi - I'm a relative newcomer, but I'd second the request to change the forum to Parents. I've been so impressed with the intelligent, thoughtful women I've encountered on here, but the fact that this is just a Moms forum (and there isn't even a corresponding one -- that I can find -- for dads) is just so strange to me. It seems to suggest pretty blatantly that women are the only ones concerned with these topics, and that's just not true (and pretty backwards for 2011).

Sorry, I know this wasn't your doing! That's all the feedback I have -- otherwise, this is a great site!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I agree that it should be called Parents.  We even have a couple of dads that post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ditto calling it "Parents", and everything ML said.

ETA: And, hi.   :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

So, i"m confused. The forum IS called Parents...or are we talking about something else?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

That's true -- these forums are titled "Parents".  BUT the area on Boston.com where you find the forums is called "Moms", and that has been a point of contention for some time now, since moms are not the only parents who benefit from the articles, links, etc. that appear in addition to the forums.  As we see here, a number of dads are also very active in this "Moms" community.  

Just to clarify the points made above.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Thanks for the welcome and comments, everyone! I will discuss your points with the team over here.
    It's great hearing what a special community this is. :)

lemonmelon - the entire site

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Hello all!:
    [QUOTE]So, i"m confused. The forum IS called Parents...or are we talking about something else?
    Posted by SilverFestiva[/QUOTE]

The link/path does say Parents, but see "Moms" at the top of this page?

Jen and Kristi, thanks for bringing this and the other issues to your team!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Jen and Kristi, I can't no longer post using my smart phone.  Do you know why that is the case.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There's a Droid user and Blackberry user in CC that just commented this morning that they've never been able to post from their smart phones and are wondering if it's "them" or BDC, too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Ditto the no-posting thing with my iPhone.  I can see posts, but can't add to a discussion. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

FWIW, I can't even view the forums on my Blackberry device.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

That's an Apple issue I believe.  iPhone doesn't and, Steve Jobs has been very clear, won't support Java and Flash.  And I think these boards use both.  I've given up on trying to use my i-stuff to respond.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I can't see the forums on my droid

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There are still complaints about this up in CC, too.

Sections
Shortcuts