How much should an infant eat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

I am a little late to this thread, but I was told my 6 month old should not be receiving more than 100 calories a day from solids. They should still receive the majority of their calories from breastmilk/formula.

We are on first foods and a jar ( 4 oz) and a half is approx 100 calories so that is all we have been giving him. Most days he will not even take the half a jar so we just give him the one (half in the morning and half at night). Your child is slightly older than mine so maybe they should be receiving more, but if your child indicates they are still hungry I would increase the ozs of formula you give him/her before increasing the amount of solids again.

It would probably be best to run this by your pedi if you are still concerned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nelson617. Show nelson617's posts

Hello everyone out there - I have a question about feeding my seven-month-old daughter. Sometimes I feel like I'm giving her too much to eat. She is no longer breast-fed, but she eats baby food (bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.) about three times a day, and has about 4 or 5 seven-ounce bottles in a day. Does that seem like too much to you?