How would YOU spend your winnings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

How would YOU spend your winnings?

I'm heading off to the grocery store in a few minutes, and will probably also buy a few lottery tickets (hey, you gotta be in it to win it, right?). Then I'll spend the afternoon daydreaming about how I would spend my winnings.....a new house, hiring someone to clean the house, pay off my parents' mortgage so they can retire in style, maybe plan a vacation for the first time since my honeymoon almost 12 years ago.

What would you do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Re: How would YOU spend your winnings?

Quit my job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Hire a live-in chef and housecleaner. Buy a bigger house (to house the aforementioned.) TRAVEL anywhere and everywhere we want to (and not have to fly in economy!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I would keep my job, but take a leave of absence and do some serious traveling for about 6 months. :-) 

I'd also go and buy that pair of boots that I didn't buy b/c they were 'too expensive'. :-)  

I'd pay off my sisters' mortages and send my parents on a trip.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Buy a bigger house, buy Dh a new car. Set up trust funds for the twins with lots of money for education and so they can buy a house when they are grown up.Travel - get a fractional jet ownership so we don't have to travel with the masses!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, well I did buy my usual one ticket per year (when it gets high like this) today so I'm in the running!

We'd give 10% to a Christian ministry.  My DH would quit his job!  We'd send a bunch to my parents and siblings.  I have two brothers who are pastors with families, and they could especially use a windfall.  I'd hire a maid...I hate cleaning.  I'd buy poppy a house - I can barely stand her living with her in-laws.  I'd go hog wild buying things for Gracie.  Toys, new beds, a doggie mansion with heat and A/C, and a dog grooming bin style bath, blow dryer.  I'd outfit the gym DH is working on downstairs.  Right now it's pretty sparse with an elliptical and a punching torso.  We'd travel for sure.  We both love Aruba and could easily spend a couple of months there.  No problem affording the kennel!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

I'd start saving up for the SECOND year of college tuition, ha ha ha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'll find out on Monday if the winning MD ticket was one in our office pool. We had tix in several states, incl MD.  Woo hoo! 

I'm not holding my breath though. :-P

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I shouldn't have thought so large - how WILL I ever spend the $2 we won?  Actually, we lost $9 since DH bought 10.  Oh, well. :)

GL, ALF - apparently, you're the only one here still in the running!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Oooo, ALF!! The suspense!!

I am cleaning my house today. Which tells you all about MY quick picks! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

DH won $7, which is $2 more than he spent.  Woo Hoo, cue the confetti.

I'll have to wait till Monday to get the results of the office pool. Although I suspect I would have gotten a call by now if we hit big.  lol. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cue the confetti - love that, lol!  That's good you guys did come out ahead, though. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: How would YOU spend your winnings?:
    Oh, my, well I did buy my usual one ticket per year (when it gets high like this) today so I'm in the running! We'd give 10% to a Christian ministry.  My DH would quit his job!  We'd send a bunch to my parents and siblings.  I have two brothers who are pastors with families, and they could especially use a windfall.  I'd hire a maid...I hate cleaning.  I'd buy poppy a house - I can barely stand her living with her in-laws.  I'd go hog wild buying things for Gracie.  Toys, new beds, a doggie mansion with heat and A/C, and a dog grooming bin style bath, blow dryer.  I'd outfit the gym DH is working on downstairs.  Right now it's pretty sparse with an elliptical and a punching torso.  We'd travel for sure.  We both love Aruba and could easily spend a couple of months there.  No problem affording the kennel!
    Posted by kargiver

Just saw this. :)  Again, you are too funny (and either very sweet for thinking of me, or just completely OVER all of my complaining, haha!  Or both!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It just sounded very stressful, that's all, and if I had won 650 mil I'd have fixed it. :)

Sections
Shortcuts