I would have more respect for the Globe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

I would have more respect for the Globe

I would have more respect for the Globe / Boston.com  if they had the decency and respect for modern  families to call this section parenting, or families, or any inclusive term other than  MOMS.
          The masthead title still stinks, plain and simple.  That it was changed from Parents  to Moms was a giant step backwards, and is still objectionable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Re: I would have more respect for the Globe

Well, this is Massachusetts, where fathers have no rights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melsau2006. Show Melsau2006's posts

I agree. How about BoParents?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whynot-. Show whynot-'s posts

How about a 'Boston Dads' section ?

In Response to I would have more respect for the Globe:
    [QUOTE]      I would have more respect for the Globe / Boston.com  if they had the decency and respect for modern  families to call this section parenting, or families, or any inclusive term other than  MOMS.       The masthead title still stinks, plain and simple.  That it was changed from Parents  to Moms was a giant step backwards, and is still objectionable.
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I agree. How about BoParents?

Why not be inclusive of other people in the child's life, too?  So you could call this section "Bo Peeps"! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

In Response to Re: I would have more respect for the Globe:
    [QUOTE]I agree. How about BoParents? Why not be inclusive of other people in the child's life, too?  So you could call this section "Bo Peeps"! 
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Great idea, Cos! lol

Btw, the name always bothered me, especially when you consider that people that are ttc are listed under moms. I hated seeing that when I was trying so hard for over a year and was not a mom, but was just stuck under that banner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Funny how my posts in this section have all been deleted. I explained at length my thoughts about what RHM is saying but apparently BDC dottie didn't like it.  I had several well-thought out, intelligent posts that contained nothing in them that violated BDC rules.  Nice to know that any opposing opinion to BDC will just be edited away......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

ALF: I haven't deleted any of your posts from this thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Well, then Wag must have had a different thread w/ the same name b/c this topic was raised before and I comment several times in it.  I just checked the history for the General category and it's not there. 

BTW, cosmo, love the BoPeeps idea.  :-) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gimmieabreak. Show gimmieabreak's posts

Love the BoPeeps!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

ALF - http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a982ab641-9368-4d63-9123-280cf0ac364aForum%3aed6a8439-b984-4a2f-8c37-f99dbf2e33daDiscussion%3a3fdc9d81-1d9a-4972-ad7e-f1d2dc01447a

This thread?  Nearly 2 months ago.

I still find it annoying.

Dottie's explanation that they are not trying to exclude anyone, but over 90% who post are Moms-  is like  labeling a section "threads that appeal to white people"  then saying,  well most of the posters here are white, and nothing says others cannot post.

Going to another Masthead title - other than Moms - might not bring in a greater variety of posters, but might be less offensive to many already here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

That's the one Wag. I didn't realize you posted a new one.

I'm still loving the Bo Peeps idea.  :-) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

In Response to Re: I would have more respect for the Globe:
    [QUOTE]That's the one Wag. I didn't realize you posted a new one. I'm still loving the Bo Peeps idea.  :-) 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

ALF, just read the previous thread. Laughed at the mention of the Mother's Day card (since it was me!). Ah, memories...