Jacob is coming home!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2yl8z8k.jpg[/IMG]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

Well, the transition went well! Jacob is loving life now that he has a swing, a bouncy seat, tummy time, etc. It beats lying in a crib hours at a time staring at the ceiling which is what he had to do at the hospital all day.

Being a SAHM is.... different (for lack of a better word). I definitely thought I would have more time to do things around the house (cook, clean, etc.), but it turns out Jacob is one of those babies who screams unless you are holding him which is odd since he had to lie in his crib at the hospital all day and just slept most of the time. He was up from 6 AM to 1 PM today and I had to hold hm for all but 30 minutes! It doesn't matter though I love having him home! I will try and post a picture.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

YAY!!! I am so happy for you, your DH and Jacob.  This has been a long time coming.  You are an amazing, strong, wonderful mother and deserve to have your baby boy home with you.  Congratulations!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Congrats Wed!  I hope everything went well bringing Jacob home!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Congratulations Wed!  That is wonderful news!  You are a very strong and loving mother to go through what you did these past few months.  I wish you and your hubby the best!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

YAY!!! I am so happy for you.  This has been a long time coming.  You are an amazing, strong, wonderful mother and deserve to have your baby boy home with you.  Congratulations!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

It will be wonderful that you don't have to get in your car to go see him!

I can't imagine what you've been through...but how fantastic that you finally get to bring him home!

So happy for you both!  Enjoy! 

Love,

Cos

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

YAY!!! I am so happy for you.  This has been a long time coming.  You are an amazing, strong, wonderful mother and deserve to have your baby boy home with you.  Congratulations!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Congrats!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Yay! You and DH will do great with Jacob at home. That is awesome news - congrats!  :-D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

Wed, I'm so happy for you and your family! what a strong little boy you have to go along with strength of his parents! you will have such a wonderful time with him finally at home!! Congratulations and best wishes!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Hey - that should be :-D 
    Annoying post font!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Congratulations, WED!

Use your sling or baby bjorn to baby wear during the day, when you simply MUST cut up the salad or move the laundry from the washer to the dryer. (but not when you are cooking or moving the boiling water from the stove to pour off in the sink, lol!)

And rest, rest, rest to keep your strength up and keep your milk coming in strongly. (which means you shouldn't be doing too much laundry, etc., lol)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

What excellent news!

Keep us posted on how the transition to home goes!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from le2329. Show le2329's posts

So exciting!! What wonderful news! Enjoy your little boy!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Good luck today, WED! Thinking of the three of you heading home for your first night as a family...
    :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

I'm so happy for you all!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Yaahh!!! Congratulations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

Thursday is the BIG day!!! Jacob will be discharged and sent home wth Mom and Dad! We are so thrilled and have been waiting for this day for so long. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. I kind of feel like I did the day I found out I was pregnant! Anxious, excited, scared, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I finally feel like I am really a mom and this baby really belongs to me!! For so long I felt like I was going to have to visit him forever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

He's filled out! 
         Things will settle down and you will have time to do things.  Baby vision really does not focus much further than Mommy's face (when held) at birth, for weeks,  but he is probably expanding his vision just as you bring him home,  and so much to see and do  outside a hospital nursery. 
          That it is disorienting and making him hold on for dear life, calling you,  is a very good sign.   They worry when a preemie does not take much note of the change,  they  baby is switched off, not processing.  From nursing training, I remember well the consternation of NICU doctors  when babies go home,  attend to Mom for fifteen minutes,  then just lay there  for hours.  Relatives coo, what a good baby, doctors think - doesn't the world baby experiences seem different?
         Every time he cries, think - he is attached,  and alert to all the new sensations. He really has come through it all well! 
          Makes it easier to push aside  the chores, which anyone can do.  I hope you have a little help from friends, family,  while he has you on a short tether.   Over a few weeks it will all seem more familiar and he will  let you go longer.   Be well and happy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinshee. Show tinshee's posts

Oh congrats!!! I'm very happy for you and your little family! :)