Lascal Vs. Baby Bjorn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Lascal Vs. Baby Bjorn

I am trying to figure out what might be better/best for us....

From what I have read so far, the Lascal is the top of the line carrier, looks sporty, has better back support than the BB, has better head coverage for the baby (from rain/wind/sun) and more padding, but may be too 'big' if the parent is thinner (yep, DH and I both are).

Does anyone have any experience with either the Baby Bjorn or the Lascal (or better yet, experience with both?).  Any insights or feedback anyone can provide will be really helpful!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: Lascal Vs. Baby Bjorn

There is another long discussion about carriers, titled "Ergo vs. Bjorn" in the Infant and Toddler section of discussions.  (I'll paste the link below, but not sure if it will work.)
    I don't know a lot about the Lascal, but from looking at the pictures, I can see that, like the Bjorn, it doesn't support the baby's thighs.  If you look through the other discussion, you'll see info from people about why this may not be ideal.
    For what it's worth, I took a 90 minute walk yesterday with a 16 pound baby in the Ergo Baby carrier, and it felt fantastic.  So maybe look into that one...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a982ab641-9368-4d63-9123-280cf0ac364aForum%3a41ef5f16-e634-4f31-b052-eab905b86d8bDiscussion%3a49a18773-f768-4bdc-a862-0def3d5b587d&plckCurrentPage=0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: Lascal Vs. Baby Bjorn

Thanks Medford.  The more I read, the more i am steering away from the BB.  Will have to include Ergo in my reseaIch now too!