Mom groups for infants/toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LCGCmomma. Show LCGCmomma's posts

Mom groups for infants/toddlers

Hello! So DS is now 10 1/2 months old and I never joined a "mommy and me" type play group or anything when he was born. It was the middle of winter and was hard to get out of the house. Also, almost all of DH's extended family is local, and my parents and brother are too, so we had lots of visitors and things to keep us busy. I also love being able to read and get advice from these discussion forums - a great resource! I don't have a ton of friends that are local that have kids close in age to my LO. I would really love an opportunity to meet moms that do have kids DS age, but have no idea how to go about doing that now that he isn't a newborn. Any thoughts/ideas? I live in Hudson, and as far as I know there isn't a mom's group in town.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Re: Mom groups for infants/toddlers

Try hitting story time at your library or find a Music Together Class in your area.
    And I don't know about Hudson, but my town has once a week classes in music, art and "science" for toddlers.  Most are for two and up, but it's something to look into.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Hi LCGC... In West Boylston there is a group called Mothers and Company that has all sorts of groups and resources.  http://www.mothersandcompany.com/

I haven't personally joined anything yet (our LO isn't due until January) ... but my neighbor swears by them and said it was a wonderful group to join.  We are in Worcester, so I'm definitely interested in some of the meet up groups for when I'm on maternity leave.  They do both day time and evening/weekend stuff so it works for working moms.  It's not in Hudson, but would be a pretty quick drive down 290.  (looks like it's located right on 140). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Does your son go to daycare?  I've met a couple nice moms at pick-up/drop-off ... I sort of linger and compliment their shoes.  If you're a SAHM, there are a lot more options.  Your gym might offer a Mommy & Toddler fitness class, or swim lessons at the Y ... that kind of thing. 

I think it takes time, though.  I'm all for joining, but not every mom you meet will be someone you'd want to hang with.  Moms' groups can be awesome, though -- the one I'm in has playgroups and social stuff and organizes meal deliveries for new moms. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Ha ha GC!  If you complimented my shoes I would think that you were a wacko!  :-)

We've had a bunch of playdates from daycare which have worked out great.  

Also, you could try your local library, they might have some story hours (oh, duh, see Lily's post above) and or the mall if they have some sort of play area.  Your son is a little young for a lot of the activities out there which is too bad, but soon he won't be and then you can meet moms that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

No, no ... I am very smooth.  You would be tricked into being my friend, THEN you would find out I was a whacko. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

We have to leave our shoes outside the classroom at daycare... would you choose the shoes first and then wait to see who comes out to claim them??  Or do you choose a target and then roll with it even if their shoes turn out to be heinous?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

I'd have to judge you based on the clothes they let you keep on, I guess.