Moms of 6-to-8-year-olds: Want to talk TV?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoannaWeiss. Show JoannaWeiss's posts

Moms of 6-to-8-year-olds: Want to talk TV?

I'm working on a story for the Globe about the TV habits and preferences of six-to-eight-year-olds. Have your kids abandoned PBS for SpongeBob and Hannah Montana? And if so, do you care? If you'd like to talk about it, email me at weiss@globe.com. Thanks! - Joanna Weiss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbiresearch. Show kbiresearch's posts

Re: Moms of 6-to-8-year-olds: Want to talk TV?

My 8 year old long ago abandoned Nick Jr. and PBS.  Spongebob, Suite life on Deck, iCarly, etc. is his domain now.  Older siblings have not helped the situation.   I definitely care!!!  I'm ready to turn in my cable box and end my comcast subscription, due to rising prices and too much bad tv for my kids!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sarahhc47. Show Sarahhc47's posts

Re: Moms of 6-to-8-year-olds: Want to talk TV?

My 6-year-old abandoned PBS far too soon.  That last show he liked on there was Martha Speaks - which is a great kids show.  I think he sensed its educational nature.  I will admit I don't miss Calliou. 

Somehow he found Spongebob which is a show with no redeeming value.  He is a boy so I think he likes all the bodily functions references.  Besides Spongebob he likes icarly, which is not bad and The Penguins of Madagascar which even I have to admit is pretty funny. 

Mostly I just try to limit how much he watches rather then battle him over what he watches. 

Sections
Shortcuts