More Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

I believe that you meant no bad will by not sending an invitation. Usually when hosting a shower you send everyone invitations regardless of whether they have already stated they would be attending.

I don't think it's a big deal, but given the relationship she may have seen it as a dig even though that wasn't your intention.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Your ex-husband's current wife probably took this as a swipe by you.

Sending a printed invitation to all invited prevents these types of issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red1977. Show Red1977's posts

Yeah, I think you probably should have sent an invitation. I would even go so far as to say ESPECIALLY to your ex-husbands wife, since you know that she has been sensitive about these types of issues in the past. As the (31-year old) child of divorce, I have some experience in this. I know and believe you meant no harm - but why didn't you send an invitation? Did you run out of them? I mean, maybe there is a good reason. But, from her point of view, even though you two had discussed the details, when she learned that formal invitations had gone out and she didn't get one, maybe she felt that she was no longer invited. Just a thought.

I think either printed invitations need to go to all guests or no guests (e.g., my mom is having a shower for me, but she is just inviting guests by phone, including my step-mother).

For now, I think you should just apologize and say that you'd be happy to give her one now (if it's not too late) and you had considered her "immediate" family and that was the only reason you didn't think to send one in the mail.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

If others received a printed invitation then your ex-husband's wife should have gotten one too. Otherwise it does look like a slight. Maybe she has trouble dealing with you because to her it seems like you treat her like a second class citizen? I'm not saying that you do - but perhaps it's how she sees it.