NEVER THE SAME: Coming to Terms With the Death of a Parent or Other Family Member

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: NEVER THE SAME: Coming to Terms With the Death of a Parent or Other Family Member

I don't know if this was around 13 years ago, but I could have used it.  My daughter who was 13 found her father dead in bed from a heart attack.  The 911 operator had her try CPR until she told the operator he was cold.  I still get sick when I think of that.  I couldn't get home fast enough...  I contacted the benefit from my work that would help with counceling and they could not find one grief councelor for children.  We had a high suicide rate in the city of South Boston among children and I was able to get a councelor in that city to see her.  Long commute at night after work.  Would have been nice to have one in the city I lived in... Very important as children shut down and the trauma can come out in so many negative ways.  I was determined that was not going to happen to her.  I am happy to say she is now 26 and well adjusted and of course still misses her father.  Keep up the good work....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: NEVER THE SAME: Coming to Terms With the Death of a Parent or Other Family Member

ambergirl, how terrible!  I knew you were widowed way too soon, an unimaginable thing, but my heart breaks for your dear daughter and how it all unfolded, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Kar....  My faith in God got us through and I do believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger....  Anna actually has that saying on her Facebook. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A hearty amen to both, my friend.