OOS Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

OOS Wedding

Maybe ask for baby sitter recommendations? Are you comfortable with leaving yoru child with someone? Is the reception in a hotel where you can pop up to your room to check on the baby with the sitter? How old is the baby? It is crappy that you are flying 6 hours to go to a wedding with the baby and they are now telling you that you can't bring the baby to the reception (Especially since you have purchased plane tickets). It would have been nice for them to say something before you spent money on attending.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

OOS Wedding

I can understand that must be so frustrating. The general "rule" I have seen, is even if it is child-free wedding/reception, that 'babes in arms' are still allowed at the reception (they generally don't have to be fed, don't take up a seat at the table; and I am sure you would be polite enough to take the baby outside if it started crying etc during speeches/over the meal etc).
    Could it be that they have told someone else that they can't have theirs there at all? This being so, you would think (hope?) that an allowance would be made for the grooms neice/nephew.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bell500. Show bell500's posts

OOS Wedding

Get a babysitter or don't go. Don't bring your baby to the reception after BIL asked you not to or you will be seen as one of those "my baby is more important than your wedding" people.