Other Message boards/forums

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Has any one found another message board that they like better? I like the advice and posters, but I hate the changes!

I googled a few, but most of the ones I've found are a little too much for me. Utrasound posting, in progess pictures, etc. I'm pretty private and this is just too much info for me.

Any suggestions would be great!

SAW

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

I've been checking out the ivillage boards too, but they can get a little goofy and some of the stories people post - YIKES! I do like the pregnancy board since people are talking about what they are going through at the same time I might be, but I've only posted a few times. I'm not even taking belly shots for my personal use, forget about posting them on the internet. I've tried to find other boards (baby center and webmd) but they are even bulkier than these new boards. I hope you'll all stick around here though because you're a good group of ladies and offer the best advice I can find on the internet!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

I wish there was another board/they fixed this one!

I'm on ivillage...but man, all that gets old after a while...I wish these boards could go back to the way they were...functional. Sigh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I don't know of any, but would love suggestions too. These new boards stink. We have been promised changes, but the changes never come. They also take forever to update a thread after someone posts, which is highly annoying. They never used to have to read every post before it posted. Come on, it's the parents pages. No one is going to post anything that needs to be filtered or censored! If anyone knows of a board that is similar to this one, but that is actually functional, I'd go there in a heart beat. Most of the ones I've found are a bit over the top.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Thanks for the sugestion. iVillage, lots of information but there are so many sub-groups upon sub-group it a bit annoying.

Bizz, I checked out the babycenter and its better. The signitures are a little much for me. I think mostly because I like to lurk at lunch in my cube while at the same tiem stay on the "down-low" about the whole baby thing.

Since I'm a transplant from the wedding boards, I feell like I know you ladies! I think I'll keep posting here and lurk around on some of the others.

Happy Friday - SAW:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

I also like the message boards on twoweekwait.com. They have an extensive list of TTC and Pregnancy boards. I like the organization of their site, but I agree that the sigs and pics can be a bit much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red1977. Show Red1977's posts

[Quote]I have to admit that the reason I came here to the b.com boards when planning my wedding is because I absolutely HATED theknot.com, but I have to admit their spin off boards www.thenest.com (the baby boards recently changed to www.thebump.com - gag me) are actually pretty good. They also have HUGE signatures with blinkies, pictures, etc., but I have found the information on that board more useful than ivillage and babycenter.

I think one of the reasons I like it so much is that posts happen more frequently and the boards are quite active. Sometimes when I check on here there hasn't been a post in days. You get at least 10 pages of posts a day at www.thebump.com.

I also had a preemie and the preemie boards on that site are great as well. Lots of support for people like myself who went into pre-term labor and had babies at 24, 25 and 26 weeks. You won't find many preemie moms on here especially moms of micro-preemies. They also have a number of boards that are broken down into smaller groups, getting pregnant, TTC six months +, Trouble TTC, Pregnancy Loss, Success after a loss, Preemies, 1st Tri, 2nd Tri and 3rd Tri, etc. There is a board for everyone regardless of your situation.

If you can get past the cliques that form and the siggy issue then those boards actually have alot of info and support.

www.thebump.com[/Quote]

Hey Wed - how is the little peanut doing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

You can do the same thing on ivillage. It makes viewing the posts much easier.

SAW

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WEDN07. Show WEDN07's posts

I have to admit that the reason I came here to the b.com boards when planning my wedding is because I absolutely HATED theknot.com, but I have to admit their spin off boards www.thenest.com (the baby boards recently changed to www.thebump.com - gag me) are actually pretty good. They also have HUGE signatures with blinkies, pictures, etc., but I have found the information on that board more useful than ivillage and babycenter.

I think one of the reasons I like it so much is that posts happen more frequently and the boards are quite active. Sometimes when I check on here there hasn't been a post in days. You get at least 10 pages of posts a day at www.thebump.com.

I also had a preemie and the preemie boards on that site are great as well. Lots of support for people like myself who went into pre-term labor and had babies at 24, 25 and 26 weeks. You won't find many preemie moms on here especially moms of micro-preemies. They also have a number of boards that are broken down into smaller groups, getting pregnant, TTC six months +, Trouble TTC, Pregnancy Loss, Success after a loss, Preemies, 1st Tri, 2nd Tri and 3rd Tri, etc. There is a board for everyone regardless of your situation.

If you can get past the cliques that form and the siggy issue then those boards actually have alot of info and support.

www.thebump.com

Sections
Shortcuts