Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Plastic hangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

Plastic hangers

When my DD gets new clothes I have a habit of tossing the hanger in a basket. I realized I now have a bazillion of these things. Does anyone know if a charity like the Salvation Army will take them or a kids store that takes them back? I see that some of them can be recycled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Plastic hangers

Recyle the ones that can be recycled.  I get rid of hangers [granted, they are for adult clothes] by bringing them to the dry cleaner when I drop clothes off.  I figure if anyone knows what to do w/ hangers, it's them.  I usually decline the hanger when I"m buying clothes in the store.  HTH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc428. Show jc428's posts

Re: Plastic hangers

Try a consignment shop or offer them to friends who might be planning to consign.  We have a couple of big one-day consignment sales in my area (South Shore) and when they come up, everyone is looking for hangers! 

Sections
Shortcuts