Pool Party

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deysan123. Show deysan123's posts

Pool Party

Does anyone know of any pools in Boston or the Northshore that can be rented for a kids birthday party?  Or a beach or lake with private benches or areas for rent?  My soon to be 1 year old loves the water so I'd really like to have an outdoor party as $40/child at coco keys seems very expensive.  Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Re: Pool Party

I am a member of the South Shore YMCA, and they do pool parties. I'm sure that other YMCAs do them as well. I don't know where any Northshore branches are, but if you google YMCA with your zip code, I'm sure they will all pop up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

The Beverly YMCA does pool parties, but I think they only do them at the indoor pool (they do have an outdoor pool but I don't think it's available for parties).

I think most of the north shore YMCAs with pools offer party packages.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

this might not be what you had in mind, but i just went to a "pool party" in a friend's yard where they had set up a bunch of outdoor water games - like those little mat things that squirt water for little babies to sit in, kiddie pools with blow-up palm trees, a slip-n-slide, etc.  there were at least 30 kids there ranging from 1 to 8 probably and everyone seemed to having a good time - so maybe you could just hit target or walmart and create your own pool party in someone's yard?  throw in some hot dogs, burgers and a keg and you're all set?  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Stefani - I think this is a great idea, especially b/c full blown pools might be scary for some kids, unless the places you are talking about renting actually offer toddler areas with kiddie pools and spash facilities. 
    This is likely far for you, but we just visited Davis Farmland in Sterling and besides the AWESOME farm and play areas, they have a "splash" park.  DS is 19 mos and LOVED it.  We were also with a 1 yo, a 2.5 yo, another 19 mo old, and a 6.5 year old and all had an absolute blast.  I know they do parties, not sure $$$ though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If it's your child's first birthday party and most of the other kids are going to be around the same age, I would think the moms would be more comfortable w/ kiddie wading pools in the back yard rather than a full blown Olympic sized pool.  Just a thought. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How many kids and what age range are you hosting?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

deysan123,
    I just saw your post today. My nephew does have a fenced in inground pool in his back yard, but for his 2 year old twins birthday on one of our hottest days in July, they rented splash pools, wading pools and a water slide. No one was allowed in the "big" pool. The party goers were from age 1 to 8 and everyone had a blast, including the mommies and the hosts. No one had to worry about anyone falling in the deep end.
    This will only work of course, if you have a yard or other options for an open grassy spot.
    You can google "water play rental" and you will find lots of rental companies.
    Good luck and enjoy your party. - Pingo